What's new

50mm 1.4 NEW** Summer

Great set of photographs. Your baby and wife are really beautiful. Last is image is very sharp.

Really?

These images seem pretty bad to me. The last one seems the least bad of the bunch, but they all have some major issues compositionally, artistically (if that matters- they are shots of the family, after all) and technically. Overexposure, missed focus, lighting issues, some sort of weird lens effect... CA? Etc.

I think you're all being way too gentle. I know we like to try to be kind here, but let's not misrepresent the facts to spare someone's feelings.
 
Great set of photographs. Your baby and wife are really beautiful. Last is image is very sharp.

Really?

These images seem pretty bad to me. The last one seems the least bad of the bunch, but they all have some major issues compositionally, artistically (if that matters- they are shots of the family, after all) and technically. Overexposure, missed focus, lighting issues, some sort of weird lens effect... CA? Etc.

I think you're all being way too gentle. I know we like to try to be kind here, but let's not misrepresent the facts to spare someone's feelings.

Welcome to this thread. I believe the settings were mentioned. I also believe that unless there is a smackdown akin to taking the camera and smacking on the ground and breaking it, the 1.4 will be used wide open no matter what anyone says. Have I swung the pendulum too far in the other direction and am I being too harsh?
 
I never realized how nervous the 50mm f/1.4 bokeh is. I thought that it'd be a lot smoother.
 
GeorgieGirl said:
Welcome to this thread. I believe the settings were mentioned. I also believe that unless there is a smackdown akin to taking the camera and smacking on the ground and breaking it, the 1.4 will be used wide open no matter what anyone says. Have I swung the pendulum too far in the other direction and am I being too harsh?

Not sure what your point is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom