52 Week Photography Project 2018,WEEK 4 Creative: Quiet Moment Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. Convey

Thanks @JonA_CT, looks interesting, though it might be a little tough in the first month, as will be on the road, but will try to jump in when I can.

Ugh but I'm so lazy!

This is likely going to be my week 1/Look ahead/New day shot. I was thinking along the lines of every day being a fresh start blah blah... Can't decide square or portrait crop. Any input? Haven't done anything other than crop at this point...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/239585B]
[/url]

Square for me too.

I need to get on this if I want to use any fancy tools this week, haha. My case is with corporate at Nikon, and I expect that I'll be without my D600 for a bit.

I have a photo in mind for my drone this week... but it’s been too cold for it to fly. Looking like I’ll have to come up with a ground level idea.

This is likely going to be my week 1/Look ahead/New day shot. I was thinking along the lines of every day being a fresh start blah blah... Can't decide square or portrait crop. Any input? Haven't done anything other than crop at this point...

I love the way the lights seem to bubble out of the cup. Out of curiosity, can you expand just the top of the first one?

I prefer the 2nd one for the added element of the reflection. I am always looking for added elements inside the frame. Coffee, bubbles, reflection.

I love the way the lights seem to bubble out of the cup. Out of curiosity, can you expand just the top of the first one?

Just a tiny bit before the lower cabinets cut into the frame and the lights are gone. I can't really move the cup from where it is in the frame though so if I add to the top it will need to be an odd crop. If I make the square itself bigger I'll have the white frame of the laundry closet glaring at me on the left.

I prefer the 2nd one for the added element of the reflection. I am always looking for added elements inside the frame. Coffee, bubbles, reflection.

I think I like the square crop better but I do agree with you jc about the reflection. That is the only thing that is making me doubt the square choice.

No problem, I was just curious. I like both crops, but maybe favor the square a bit more.

Just a tiny bit before the lower cabinets cut into the frame and the lights are gone. I can't really move the cup from where it is in the frame though so if I add to the top it will need to be an odd crop. If I make the square itself bigger I'll have the white frame of the laundry closet glaring at me on the left.

I think I like the square crop better but I do agree with you jc about the reflection. That is the only thing that is making me doubt the square choice.
Reshoot but back up a bit. You can put your camera in 1:1 format to nail composition. Or simply do the 16:9 format, to me, that would be killer, match the length of bokeh balls on top and bottom. Everyone see's things different. Honestly, they both work but by doing a 16:9 and match length bokeh balls adds a 4th element.

I've got to get rid of that weird pixelation on the left side. Probably from my inexperienced cloning.

OK, here's my official for Week One:

In the end I couldn't give up the reflection for the square crop. I'll use that one on instagram.

@SquarePeg I did not see the originals you posted so I can't compare, but your " official " one is killer! I really like everything about it...top bokeh, cup reflection and especially bokeh reflection. Well done!

Most reactions

Back