What's new

599 GTO and the lineup for your opinion

Nick.SHI

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 14, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Salt Lake City
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here is my first attempt at Layer Masks in photoshop. Black cars are by far the hardest to shoot, so I couldn't get all of the reflections out, but I thought I did a pretty good job:

1.

2.

3.
 
1 is a bit dark to me.
2 and 3 are an amazing car, it's beautiful, but they're kind of typical shots you see in a showroom. They've got distractions in the background and stuff.
I like how you tried to capture a different angle in the last, but it just doesn't really work for me. I'd like to see the line down the side of the car.
 
1 is a bit dark to me.
2 and 3 are an amazing car, it's beautiful, but they're kind of typical shots you see in a showroom. They've got distractions in the background and stuff.
I like how you tried to capture a different angle in the last, but it just doesn't really work for me. I'd like to see the line down the side of the car.

I have to agree about the typical shots. My solution, MLeek and I will come out there and help drive them to a different location for a photoshoot and we can all take pictures and compare.

Yeah, that's the idea. hehehe
 
Yeah, before I go for anything universal (as far as composure...if that's even possible anymore...), I need to get my lighting skills solidified.

I used a polarizing filter and layered in the different angles that it filtered out the reflection (which is a TON, the lights in the showroom are basically a grid across the car w/o the filter). I'm not sure if it was the lighting that caused some of the reflections to not get filtered out or the fact that I missed a slight turn when photographing.
 
I can see where that ceiling would be a huge PIA. If you really want to do this right, make a big scrim and interpose that between the lights and the car.
 
I can see where that ceiling would be a huge PIA. If you really want to do this right, make a big scrim and interpose that between the lights and the car.



I've been considering, it's just going to be HUGE....any recommendations?
 
Hope you don't mind, it say's your photo's are OK to edit:

7833777868_757d8d117e_z.jpg

I don't mind at all! What did you do beyond cropping it tighter?
 
I can see where that ceiling would be a huge PIA. If you really want to do this right, make a big scrim and interpose that between the lights and the car.



I've been considering, it's just going to be HUGE....any recommendations?
I'd go with a bolt of white, rip-stop nylon and a metric s**t-ton of 3/4 PVC sprinkler pipe and fittings.
 
Hope you don't mind, it says your photo's are OK to edit:

7833777868_757d8d117e_z.jpg


with a bit more time, I would add some breathing room on the left and right sides of the cars.

EDIT: :lol: I ghost edited (deleted) on you!
 
Hope you don't mind, it say's your photo's are OK to edit:

7833777868_757d8d117e_z.jpg

I don't mind at all! What did you do beyond cropping it tighter?

Brightened, sharpened, and cloned out some distractions (doors or windows) on the left and right sides. I also added a slight gradient to the floor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom