5d Mark II at RytherCamera

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A quick search of Ryther shows a lot of people have indicated they may be a "bait and switch" company. You may eventually get the camera at a good price but you will have to argue with them as they try to sell you warranties, crap batteries you don't need, etc. I would personally stick with Adorama or B&H. I would suggest doing a search of Ryther and reading what people had to say before making a decision. Good luck.

There's a whole chain of these camera stores who appear to have low prices but are really a scam. I believe PC Mag did a good article on it. Try Google.

--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.

I saw a deal close to this price at bestpricedphoto.com or something like that... one of 'those' outfits in NY that are the typical bait and switch. It turned out that it was a gray market camera with absolutely no reference to that on the website or invoice. Fortunately I was able to cancel the order without it turning into a nightmare.

But I then went to vistek.ca (Thanks BigMike!) and got one for $2k, no strings, fully legit. I refused to get excited about it until I opened the box and checked it out. I still can't believe that price.

My point is, the relatively low price should be a red flag. But a red flag doesn't necassarily mean "don't buy". It just means "do your homework, this is high-risk".

Most reactions

Back