5D Mark II won't read card?

OrangeBlossom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I purchased a Canon 5d mark ii along with a Sandisk Extreme CF card, and the camera is saying that I need to format the card, but it can't format the card. Am I using the wrong CF?

Thanks

You've tried formatting the card in camera? It's really simple to do

If you've tried to format it in camera then put it into the computer card reader and format it.

Thanks! It's a brand new card.

I currently do not have a card reader. It's on my shopping list for tomorrow. But would 2 brand new Sandisk extreme 8gb CF cards be bad? I ordered them from Amazon.
Thanks for your help.

Did you bend a pin?

Is this a used Canon 5D II by any chance????

I don't see how seeing how it's the first time I placed the CF in the camera. I'll take it to my camera store tomorrow. :\

I don't see how seeing how it's the first time I placed the CF in the camera. I'll take it to my camera store tomorrow. :\
Look in the card slot. It's easy to bend a pin if you aren't careful.

It looks like maybe a pin is bent, but I have no idea how seeing how I'm actually carefully going through the manual step by step. Does this happen a lot?

Yes, can happen... I've had it happen. You can fix it yourself or you may not want to try.
I think i used a very very small, screwdriver, like the ones you can buy in sets, in a pouch, you know?

^^ yes, bend it back into place, and then carefully insert the card, repeat until the card fits in. Let the card do as much of the work as possible, don't work the pin too much with the screwdriver.

Though being a new to you camera, I'd just exchange it.

Yea don't bend it at the top..'stand' the shaft of the screwdriver against the pin and push it gently so it's vertical, then use the card to get it true again.

Or just exchange it ;-/

It's not me...it's you. :)

I took the camera to Midwest. They said it's not the cards. The pins are fine. It just won't read the CFs. Already called Amazon to get it replaced. I hope the turn around is quick.

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back