5D mk III coming soon?

I don't mind the body of the 5DmkII. It does have a good deal of environmental sealing. It's not the rock smashing tool that the 1 series bodies are...but that's why it doesn't cost $6-8000 like the 1Ds.

I would like to see an improved AF system though.

More MP isn't needed, and I guess they'll continue the ISO race, going higher and with less noise.

I'm guessing they won't add a flash, which would have been OK, but all of Canon's latest bodies have the added feature of being an wireless E-TTL master unit. Maybe they could work that in and use IR, like the ST-E2....but I doubt it.

The hubby and I are both waiting for this release!!! I will finally have sole use of the 5D mk II!! The hubby will gain the new one. We don't do well sharing all the time....lol:lol:

I'm guessing they won't add a flash, which would have been OK, but all of Canon's latest bodies have the added feature of being an wireless E-TTL master unit. Maybe they could work that in and use IR, like the ST-E2....but I doubt it.

Good point on the Flash!

im waiting . . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . more frames per sec and more points of focus and better iso those are my dreams

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is. I've been getting the system switch bug for a while now but have been hoping the 5D3 would keep me from crossing over to the dark side.

^^^^^ Don't do it!!!!

im waiting . . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . more frames per sec and more points of focus and better iso those are my dreams
But, but, but, what about being able to auto bracket more than three shots?

Bitter Jeweler said:
But, but, but, what about being able to auto bracket more than three shots?

Why not? Nikon can.

To be honest I'd prefer to see a proper wireless radio system setup inside the canon brand - rather than having to shell out a few £100 on a pocket wizard setup to get advanced features. Its one of those things that I've never worked out why they don't put them into their flash setup. Full wireless with proper remote controls and the like would be a fantastic add to the setup (and seriously beats IR which needs line of sight or flash bursts which tend to fail when anywhere outside of a dark cave

You don't think the camera would cost a few £100 more with that functionality?

Most of the functionality is based on firmwire/software rather than hardware so the cost for development could easily be spread over the brand if its rolled out into more than just the drop range. The only other cost would be radio development and, whilst not inexpensive, if the cheap ebay groups can make and sell them for only a few £10s then chances are Canon can certainly put similar functionality into their flash units and cameras (or at least into an attachable accessory on the cameras) for not greatly more cost.

Yeah, I didn't buy the cheap eBay triggers. I bought the more expensive, dependable, e-ttl functional triggers. You can't expect platinum at silver prices.

Because they didn't have the Canon equivalent at the time of purchase. :sexywink:

The 7D has wireless flash built in and when coupled with the 580EX II (s) no other trigger is needed. That's why I thought when Big Mike mentioned it for a 5DIII he hit the nail right on the head.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back