5D MKIII or 6D...

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by Steve5D, May 16, 2014.

?

Which Do You Choose?

1. 5D MKIII

79.5%
  2. 6D

20.5%
  1. fooby

fooby TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Another thing to note is that the 6D is pretty much a 5DII with slightly newer technology and slightly lesser build quality, so if you have shot with a 5DII, you pretty much know what a 6D will be like.

2. kathyt

kathyt Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I wouldn't compare the Mark II to the 6D. The performance of the 6D far exceeds the old Mark. Mainly because of the ISO and focusing systems.

3. fooby

fooby TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm fairly sure the focusing system is exactly the same, apart from the middle point being more sensitive in low light. Personally, that's quite important as I shoot in low light with strobes often. Compared to the MkIII, it's pretty crap. It's also a crop sensor focus system, so all the points are in the middle of the viewfinder. More than adequate for anything apart from action though. There are better focus systems on the entry level Canon cameras.

4. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

If money wasnt an issue Id buy a few Canon 1DX's, but since most use this for business and you have to justify the expense I bought the Canon 6D and im loving it. I had a 5D classic before that and the 6d was a huge step up for me. I use center point focusing so the 200 focus points doesnt really matter to me. I do wish the 6d had dual cf card slots but thats my only complaint.

I think people tend to forget that a camera is just a tool, its the photographer behind it that makes the difference.