5D MKIII or 6D...

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by Steve5D, May 16, 2014.

?

Which Do You Choose?

1. 5D MKIII

79.5%
  2. 6D

20.5%
  1. runnah

runnah Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It's tough. Weddings that are willing to pay for it are few and far between.

2. shaylou

shaylou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I shoot my first camera for a year before I sold it and never even turned on the video. I bought my 5d3 over a year ago and have not tried video on it either. To state the obvious, I have no interest in video.

3. shaylou

Photos OK to edit
    I know we all have our opinions but I do not understand how one can pick a camera for how it fits in your hand vs the features. Call me crazy but I will never even consider that.

4. imagemaker46

imagemaker46 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I shot a lot of video back in the 80's, I used a video camera, I shot stills with a stills camera. If I want to shoot video again I will use a dedicated video camera, regardless of how great the video is from my 5D lll or my Dx. It's just not something I have any desire to do. It has nothing to do with it not being a good system, it's just not what I bought the cameras for.

5. bribrius

bribrius Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    im not saying totally disreguard features. I do think it is important to have something you like to shoot that feels good to you. More critical even if you do a lot of photography. I wouldn't buy a car based on just features that I couldn't stand driving.

6. shaylou

Photos OK to edit
    So you say there is a chance! :lmao::lmao:

7. shaylou

Photos OK to edit
    I don't really think that the auto focus system will help me all that much. I think I will get pissed scrolling through all of those focus points, but maybe not.[/QUOTE]

With all do respect I do not think you are grasping the full extent of the focus system. The amount of focus points is a very small part of the focus systems power. The system is fully adjustable to any situation. The control it gives the user is second to none. I would suggest going to Canons website and watching some of their videos explaining what you can do with this system before dismissing it. It really is "all that and a bag of chips"!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Steve5D

Steve5D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't shoot it because it doesn't interest me. It's really no more complicated than that. I don't see it as a "crime"; that's kinda' silly, and I certainly don't "hate" it.

It could be the finest quality video that man could ever hope to devise, and it wouldn't interest me...

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  9. bribrius

bribrius Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well. which one did you get?

10. Steve5D

Steve5D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are limits; there have to be. With regards to video, if a client wants video, he's requesting a product that I do not provide. Could I do it? Sure, I suppose. If I wanted to invest the time, money and energy into learning how to produce video, I could. But I don't want to do that. I want to shoot photographs; that's what I do. That's the product I offer to my clients.

At some point, you have to decide what you will and will not offer to every potential client. Not offering video has cost me a few jobs, and I'm fine with that. Not being a piano player has also cost me jobs, and I'm fine with that, too.

You can't do everything...

11. Steve5D

Steve5D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, I haven't yet. A purchase is likely at least two or three months away. The "new gear" coffers should be about full by then...

12. DaninMD

DaninMD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

first let me say that I voted 5Diii in the poll. I own a 6D and honestly don't feel like I am missing anything. a lot of critique is made about the 6Ds auto focus system. personally I haven't had any issues with it. for my uses it has performed very well and I rarely get a missed focus. I have shot flying birds, etc and it does a very good job. the 6D has a few features that are better than the 5Diii. it has a newer sensor that performs better at low light. it also has built in wifi. I wasn't expecting to really need the wifi but it is really damn handy. its really nice to be able to pull the image onto my phone right there onsite and email it people. I have done this a number of times. the wifi enabled app is also really handy. its great for doing macro work as you can focus the camera from your phone/tablet and take the picture along with changing most of the settings. I have also used it for remote shooting of wildlife. I have set up my camera outside on a tripod close to a bird bath. from inside I was able to see what the camera saw, focus on the birds and get great shots.

none of this is available on the 5Diii.

• Like Like x 1