5D3 high ISO images

I think they might have to re-write the ISO scale sometime - otherwise if things keep getting better and better the scale is going to end up with so many numbers that it won't fit on the camera screen

I think they might have to re-write the ISO scale sometime - otherwise if things keep getting better and better the scale is going to end up with so many numbers that it won't fit on the camera screen

It's true. Would be so much simpler to just do it in stops...

100=1
200=2
400=3
800=4
1600=5

320 = 2.7, etc....

It's true. Would be so much simpler to just do it in stops...

100=1
200=2
400=3
800=4
1600=5

320 = 2.7, etc....

Not a bad idea. That would completely isolate it from film. Those of us who know what it relates to will still know the relation to film but future gens would have no idea. Not that it is a big deal but sometimes leaving the past behind is hard for a society/people to do.

Awesome.....that's a beautiful piece of machinery.

just looked at them again, the images look better at 25,000 then my 5D at 800. This is a great step for canon.

This absolutely doesn't help me with my decision to go the Nikon route now that I'm going to full frame. I'm having to re-evalutate everything. Thanks a lot! ;P

I had seriously considered switching if the specs weren't impressive on the 5d3. They were better than I expected!

Yeah, cause who needs detail when NR can just obliterate it?When the Raw's come in, than we will really see if it's legit

I saw raw somewhere in my travels today... I'll have to find it again!

I think it would work better if the dark background didn't look like it had artifacts in the first place, lol.

Updated ACR, and just got done checking them out....O.M.G

Blows my D700 out of the water! Glad the whole sharpness thing I was freaking out about is just crappy Jpeg processing, WOW those look awesome for 22MP. the ISO 6400 shot resized down to 16MP is totally in a similar league as the D4. I bet the 1Dx is going to be rediculous.

That's crazy. Makes me wonder if I should just sell my car and buy the dang'd thing! ;)

Hmmmmmmmm... I tried updating... It didn't work. Think I'll try that again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back