limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first roll I put through it as a test was totally cooked in a development error, so there are no images from it. Not a tragedy, though, as most of the shots were taken at my house and can easily be reproduced. I can even take another accidental picture of the ceiling if y'all want ;)

These are from the second or third rolls I shot at the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park. Delta 400. The light was tricky and development needs to be tweaked a bit, but nonetheless, I'm in love with the Mamiya C330!

$Columns resized.jpg

$House on river resized.jpg

$Tree on river resized.jpg

Nice, crisp contrast. :thumbup:

Thank you, thank you :)

Here's moar!

Checking out how it does close-up:

$Day 363 - Corner.jpg

$Day 363 - Gnarly.jpg

you two seem to be spending a lot of quality time together :)

Great shots, glad you are enjoying the new toy.

Thanks, folks. The Mamiya is definitely a beast and I imagine we'll be spending lots of time together :) The lens is fantastic and there's something about a TLR that I just really respond to. The test roll that I ruined had some really close up stuff that I am going to try again tomorrow to see what it can do in a range of situations. And I also plan on putting some color film through it too, to see how it renders colors.

The C330 is new for me but it's an older camera than my Mamiya 645, which had previously been called "the Beast" so to distinguish them, the C330 is now the Elder Beast and the 645 is Beast Junior :)

Great results! Your neck must be mighty sore... :lol:

I'm also very glad I'm not the only person naming cameras.:pirate:

I really like that first shot. Really, really like that first shot.

I had a 330 years ago along with the 220. Very nice cameras.

Great results! Your neck must be mighty sore... :lol:

I'm also very glad I'm not the only person naming cameras.:pirate:

I really like that first shot. Really, really like that first shot.

It was definitely much heavier at the end of the day than it was at the start! I had a thick scarf on so the weight was cushioned a bit. But hey, maybe I'll burn some extra calories walking around with it ;)

Very nice!

Thanks!

I had a 330 years ago along with the 220. Very nice cameras.

I've been lusting after a 330 for a while now and it's even nicer in person!

Inspired by this 6x6 craze...I dug the Bronicas out Friday night and fiddle-farted around with them for a couple hours..even managed to open a loaded back (I was sure it was empty...guess I should have looked at the stinking film counter first,mebbe...) and got the thrill of seeing the top and the bottom rolls with yellow paper on them before I could slam the back closed...oops...

I like the high-contrast look of your first few shots, which reminded me of Agfa TP6 photo paper (super high-contrast paper) that we used to use back in the early 1980's.

Most reactions

Back