70-300mm what?

bytch_mynickname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am in the market for a nice 70 or 75 - 300mm lens for Canon EF mount. I have been doing some research but I think I am more confused than when I started :lmao:

I want to keep the price as low as possible, don't have a whole lot to spend. I was looking in the back of the photo magazines at some of the listings and found some in my price range. I would like to pay no more than $160 and I know for that price I can't expect to get much but which lens would you get for that? I have looked at Sigma, Tamron, and Canon so far, are there any other contenders out there? Thanks.

I have an old Vivitar 100-300, it's alright but not fantastic. I don't think they still make a lot of lenses. I would stick with Canon or maybe Sigma or Tamron.

$160 is not a lot to spend on a lens, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Big Mike said:
I have an old Vivitar 100-300, it's alright but not fantastic. I don't think they still make a lot of lenses. I would stick with Canon or maybe Sigma or Tamron.

$160 is not a lot to spend on a lens, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

I know that $160 isn't much and I could save up for a few more weeks but I am not going to be using the lens a whole lot but would like to have one nonetheless. I know that is no reason to buy cheap glass but I want it now and am impatient, later, if I need something better I will get it but with school starting in less than 2 weeks and just paying my tuition, funds are a little short for now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back