7D question

Is there a big difference between the 60D and 7D? is the focus points and AF motor noticeable better?

I wouldn't buy a 7d. I didn't see hardly any difference other than autofocus between the 60D and the 7D. Now having said that my friend owned them both so I have limited amount of time messing with them.

But unless I really needed the better autofocus I think I would skip the 7D use the money saved for some glass.

The differences between the two are pretty extensive. 7D has more robust controls, faster burst, larger buffer, substantially better build quality, as you noted faster and more accurate AF, 7D has a flash sync socket and multi-flash support, dual DIGIC processors, 100% viewfinder (60D is 96%). Basically the 7D is a huge upgrade in every possible way, except sensor quality, where they are the exact same.

ah, TPF, where people repeatedly talk about how they think cameras they've never used perform. Of all the things that go on here, this is the one that drives me up the wall every time.

I personally don't love the 60D, but only in comparison to the 7D. Sure, the 7D is a better camera. But to say something like '[the 60D] is out of the question for fast moving objects' either means you're a terribly inept photographer or you are talking out of your rear end, or most likely both. It's a perfectly fine camera to shoot action. MLeek is one of the best action shooters on this forum, she knows what she speaks of.

mleek does actions shots? I thought she was a studio shooter?

I shoot a 60D for sports, wildlife ect. Are there better cameras to shoot action with? Yes! But the 60d does work for action!

Attachments

• $image-3331986262.jpg
    $image-3331986262.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 122
I just bought a refurbished 7d from b&h for $1149 with no tax and free shipping. I think this is the way to go.

they dont have and refurbished or used ones right now : /

You made me choke on my coffee this morning!
Yes, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but I also shoot sports-HEAVILY. If you were to weigh portrait TIME against sports time I'd be considered more of a sports photographer. Now income wise I am a wedding and portrait photographer.
Just look for my started posts. Most of the photos I have posted have been sports.
I have a pretty strict rule of no critique of a client image in a public internet forum because I would NEVER want the client to accidentally stumble upon their images and the subsequent critique that goes with it.

Sweet, is there actually paying customers for sports photography besides the obvious college and pro sports?

You made me choke on my coffee this morning!
Yes, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but I also shoot sports-HEAVILY. If you were to weigh portrait TIME against sports time I'd be considered more of a sports photographer. Now income wise I am a wedding and portrait photographer.
Just look for my started posts. Most of the photos I have posted have been sports.
I have a pretty strict rule of no critique of a client image in a public internet forum because I would NEVER want the client to accidentally stumble upon their images and the subsequent critique that goes with it.

Yeah, I've started doing the same thing. Which probably leads to me showing slightly inferior work, since everything I post these days are shots I didn't send in. I usually will post the 'just on the edge' stuff that hit the cutting floor.

Sweet, is there actually paying customers for sports photography besides the obvious college and pro sports?

You can get contracts with high schools. However, most of that work goes to the studios that do their senior portraits and school photos, since they usually agree to give the studio an exclusive contract on those shots if the studio agrees to shoot their events for free.

A few schools here and there will contract individuals to cover games. After that you have freelance work for newspapers, which is essentially a non-existent market these days. After that you're hoping for an occasional random gig here and there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back