What's new

85 1.4

SamiJoSchwirtz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
740
Reaction score
53
Location
Poplar&Hawthorne, Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so I have a 50 mm 1.4.. I was wondering if getting the 85 1.4 would be needed? It's either that or save up (will take months) for 135f/2L.
& is the 851.8 and 851.4 a big differences? Or just as much of a difference then the 501.8 to 501.4? Thanks!
 
I bet this would get a better response in the Canon forum. I say go 135.
 
Canon's 85mm f/1.8 EF lens is quite an excellent value. Canon's 85mm f/1.2-L is big, and heavy, and expensive....not worth it if you need to ask. Or "if you ask me"!!! lol. I say just buy the Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens and use it and enjoy a lovely lens that is priced fairly, shoots great, and is small and light and does not scare the bejeebers outta' people!!! I own one...it's a great lens!
 
Which 85mm f1.4 are you looking at? Rokinon?
AFAIK, there's EF 85mm f1.8 and EF 85mm f1.2L.
The 1.8 is excellent for portraits, and will be good on a crop sensor camera, even indoors (though not in small spaces).

The 135 f2L is of course a superb lens, but not very workable indoors. Its great for outdoor portraits, concerts and street.
 
85mm f/1.8 all the way. The 135 would be WAY too much (216mm) on a crop sensor.

By the way, I haven't seen your most recent work. Can I have a link? :sexywink:
 
irfan.in.tx said:
Which 85mm f1.4 are you looking at? Rokinon?
AFAIK, there's EF 85mm f1.8 and EF 85mm f1.2L.
The 1.8 is excellent for portraits, and will be good on a crop sensor camera, even indoors (though not in small spaces).

The 135 f2L is of course a superb lens, but not very workable indoors. Its great for outdoor portraits, concerts and street.

Looking at the sigma.
 
I think the Canon 85 1.8 is really an excellent lens. You would not be disappointed with this lens. Plus, it is a great price.
 
Lets say that I have a 600-700 budget to save up on a lens.
I mainly would want the lens to take pictures of families, portraits, newborns, flowers, etc.
Main thing I like in a lens: Fast, SHARP,Good background blur.

Any suggestions?
 
Lets say that I have a 600-700 budget to save up on a lens.
I mainly would want the lens to take pictures of families, portraits, newborns, flowers, etc.
Main thing I like in a lens: Fast, SHARP,Good background blur.

Any suggestions?

Well, if you get the Canon 85 1.8 you would have money left over to put toward something else. The 85 is all 3 of those things.
 
kathythorson said:
Well, if you get the Canon 85 1.8 you would have money left over to put toward something else. The 85 is all 3 of those things.

Would It work with family pictures and all that fun stuff?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom