What's new

85 1.4

With focal length comes shallow DOF as well. Where's KmH when you need him?
 
thetrue said:
Does he race at night?

eh it goes on until about 5. Gets dark at 430 here in the winter.
but wouldn't I need a fast lens for action anyway?.. Maybe I'm just stupid.
 
You're not stupid, you're just not focusing on the entire exposure triangle. I'm sure you could get away with 1/500 shutter, so you might have to bump the ISO up a stop or three, but honestly it won't hurt too badly. So say you had a 300 f/4, wide open and ISO400, if your meter says that 1/500 is too fast, bump the ISO to 1600, you'll get two more stops for the faster shutter. PLUS if you shoot in raw, you could underexposed by I believe up to 2-3 stops and save the image.
 
thetrue said:
You're not stupid, you're just not focusing on the entire exposure triangle. I'm sure you could get away with 1/500 shutter, so you might have to bump the ISO up a stop or three, but honestly it won't hurt too badly. So say you had a 300 f/4, wide open and ISO400, if your meter says that 1/500 is too fast, bump the ISO to 1600, you'll get two more stops for the faster shutter. PLUS if you shoot in raw, you could underexposed by I believe up to 2-3 stops and save the image.

Thanks. I guess I just don't know what to buy. But I need something before he totally finishes his quad by February.
 
thetrue said:
You're not stupid, you're just not focusing on the entire exposure triangle. I'm sure you could get away with 1/500 shutter, so you might have to bump the ISO up a stop or three, but honestly it won't hurt too badly. So say you had a 300 f/4, wide open and ISO400, if your meter says that 1/500 is too fast, bump the ISO to 1600, you'll get two more stops for the faster shutter. PLUS if you shoot in raw, you could underexposed by I believe up to 2-3 stops and save the image.

You know what f*ck it. I have the 501.4 lens. I can use that for my portraits and people shoots.its a great lens!
I don't need an all around lens. I just need a fast, good quality zoom that's not terribly priced. For nature pictures& his racing.
I don't know what I was thinking, :lol: maybe I just thought there could be everything in one lens... Haha
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom