What's new

88 Mustang Rebuild For 50th B-Day

webestang6416

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
3,378
Reaction score
2,406
Location
St. Louis, MO. USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Started last spring, finished the day before I left for the show, all done by me in my driveway. Did a lot of mechanicals as well. She's got 190,000 miles on her....

88fender.jpg




















[








At the show.................Had a blast!!!!!!!!!! Put a total of 1664 miles on Sally....she ran perfect and got 24mpg.











Slide show..........
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/webestang/...Mustang%20B-Day
 
What? Only 50 photos??? C'mon, let 'em flow!!!

(I had a 1967 with 289 and 3-speed automatic back in the early 1980's. Wrecked and totalled my brother's 1969 with 351 Cleveland.)
 
What? Only 50 photos??? C'mon, let 'em flow!!!

(I had a 1967 with 289 and 3-speed automatic back in the early 1980's. Wrecked and totalled my brother's 1969 with 351 Cleveland.)
was that a Cleveland or a Windsor?



love the progress shots. cool thread.
 
I had a 1965 mustang. Pony edition.
 
lol. I had a 86 when I was a teenager. Motor didn't make it . Dad wouldn't buy me another one...
course I had already wrecked the truck he bought me too and lost my license so...
I ended up demoted to a subaru
 
Thanks........here is my daily driver... 85 coupe 4-banger.....
 
four cylinder. \\

meh

:waiting:

:lmao:

I get it though
 
Big job. But she looks good.

From a handling perspective it's to bad it's a convertible. With no top the uni-body flexes a lot more than a hard top does, and all the suspension geometry changes with the flex caused when the car is turned.
A hatchback flexes more than a hard top too, but not as much as the convertible,

Did you add sub-frame connectors? I don't see a shock tower brace.

When Ford redesigned the Mustang for the '94 model year and they got around to producing a convertible, they added bracing to the convertible uni-body (mostly in the cowl area) to help minimize chassis flex. They also added a tuned mass damper above the right wheel well in the convertibles to help minimize resonant frequency vibrations.
 
four cylinder. \\

meh

:waiting:

:lmao:

I get it though


LOL............oh yeah, I have plans for a V8....! I bought it mainly because it had only 82xxx miles and no rust anywhere. Paid $1300 in 2009.

Does have tube header and a A Thrush cherry bomb muffler....LOL.....

 
Last edited:
Big job. But she looks good.

From a handling perspective it's to bad it's a convertible. With no top the uni-body flexes a lot more than a hard top does, and all the suspension geometry changes with the flex caused when the car is turned.
A hatchback flexes more than a hard top too, but not as much as the convertible,

Did you add sub-frame connectors? I don't see a shock tower brace.

When Ford redesigned the Mustang for the '94 model year and they got around to producing a convertible, they added bracing to the convertible uni-body (mostly in the cowl area) to help minimize chassis flex. They also added a tuned mass damper above the right wheel well in the convertibles to help minimize resonant frequency vibrations.

I plan on added them soon......I did replace the struts/shocks and axle dampers and had a buddy weld up the torque boxes.
 
2 things of note inside.....I found a very rare BBK 170mph speedo, only 500 made.


and my Pop made a rear seat delete from scratch for me.......
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom