9.7" iPad Pro, thoughts?

footballfan993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerwarnecke.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unless you've been living underneath a rock the past couple of weeks, you should know that Apple recently released new products. these products are an iPhone SE and a 9.7" iPad Pro.

My particular interest is in the 9.7" iPad Pro. I have a few friends that own the 12.9" iPad Pro, and have created many great artworks when using the iPad along with the Apple Pencil, and they love it!

I'm going to the Apple store on Sunday to make my purchase, However, I'm more confused as to what to get.

I'm obviously getting the 9.7" iPad Pro, and the Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard. However I can't decide on the storage, either 128GB or 256GB, the 32GB is out of question for me. I also can't decide if I want the Wifi only or the Wifi + Cellular model. If I get the Wifi + Cellular model, which carrier do I use, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon?

Do any of you have any experience with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, or iPad in general? What about cellular connected tablets? How do you like editing photos on a tablet?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

Wife & I both have iPad's. Not the pro, but Air II's For our needs the pro wasn't necessary. Thoughts. We have wifi + Cellular so we are always connected. Verizon all the way. In our experience Verizon has the best overall coverage. As for memory we get the largest memory available since we use them constantly when we travel and load up movies, music, books etc. Both the wife & I used them extensively for work as well. She still does. I don't, but that's because I retired. It is my daily paper, news media, TV when not in the family room or our bedroom and book reader. The new IOS features are nice, especially for reading in the evening as you can schedule night shift mode to change color temp.

One thing I will tell you, you can tell when I respond to the forum from the iPad. My fat fingers get dyslexic on the smaller keyboard.

Wife & I both have iPad's. Not the pro, but Air II's For our needs the pro wasn't necessary. Thoughts. We have wifi + Cellular so we are always connected. Verizon all the way. In our experience Verizon has the best overall coverage. As for memory we get the largest memory available since we use them constantly when we travel and load up movies, music, books etc. Both the wife & I used them extensively for work as well. She still does. I don't, but that's because I retired. It is my daily paper, news media, TV when not in the family room or our bedroom and book reader. The new IOS features are nice, especially for reading in the evening as you can schedule night shift mode to change color temp.

One thing I will tell you, you can tell when I respond to the forum from the iPad. My fat fingers get dyslexic on the smaller keyboard.

Thank you for the feedback, I love Verizon as well, and currently have them as my cell phone provider, which my parents pay for. If I were to get the completely maxed out iPad Pro, I would have to pay for the data, and being a college student, money is tight, but I'mm have to look at the options I have available and what I can afford.

Keep in mind, if you get one with a sim card you don't have to use it right now. If you get one without the sim card I don't believe it can be added later. Of course if you buy it from Verizon I'm guessing you will pay more if you don't activate it.

If money is tight you could go for less memory and add one of these later for more storage. We have one for traveling as well. Hooks up to anything that has wifi built in. Since we are apple people it works with our iPhones, MBP's, iMac and even works over our wifi network to stream movies etc. since they all are wifi equipped. You can store anything on it you would store on any other drive and work from it.

Will the pen and pad work like a Wacom tablet? The utility if it would be enormous if it works with brushes in Lr and Ps. I've been holding out ( on the Wacom) for Apple to provide.

I searched Apples site but they are promoting another app for photos.

Even if it does I may be waiting on Iphone 7, as I would rather just 1 device to rule them all.

Will the pen and pad work like a Wacom tablet? The utility if it would be enormous if it works with brushes in Lr and Ps. I've been holding out ( on the Wacom) for Apple to provide.

I searched Apples site but they are promoting another app for photos.

Even if it does I may be waiting on Iphone 7, as I would rather just 1 device to rule them all.

Been using a Wacom for years and love it. If it was my business I would have this. For my use however the Intuos medium suffices.

Most reactions

Back