942 pictures and no constructive critism (only 2 images on this post)

almaswimmer2010

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2376078022_295e7a22ed.jpg

m

I know they are two random pictures but if you guys and gals could look at these but also my pics on my flickr and comment good or bad either here or on my flickr I would greatly appreciate it since all my friends know how to say is "cool" and "awsome".

flickr.com/photos/mjdphoto

the first one is good.
for me personally its kindof odd to look at just becasue of how vertical the perspective is. Maybe putt a tiny bit of an angle on it. But thats just me. Overall i like it

the second isnt showing for me
just a red x

:er: Pretty much a snapshot. But you are trying. Keep it up.

What were you looking to do?
Did you feel that you accompished it?
If not, how could you have met your goal?

What I think makes little difference. What do YOU think? ;)

Do a search for critique groups on Flickr and post some images in there to see if you get a response.
Photography is all subjective. You are your own best critic. It is as JerryPH says, did you get the results you were after? If not, why? Than correct it on the next shot. Trial and error. That's the name of the game.

I like it because it makes me feel small. Nothing comes to mind for criticism, I just like it :)

It doesn't work for me. The composition is awkward. It puts the emphasis on the trunk in a way that doesn't reveal anything to me about the character of the tree, the forest, or (conversely) about the photographer. Also, because my attention starts with the trunk and then carries me into the image, it doesn't work that the trunk at the bottom of the image is soft, out of focus. That's probably not a creative choice, but rather a technical execution problem. I assume the shot was handheld, working with a tri-pod would allow you much greater Depth-of-Field (meaning more of the image would be in focus.)

I also don't think the other trees are that interesting, their lines are rather random... and the one on the left is bathed in sunlight, whereas the one on the right is silhouetted. The main tree has two major branches growing out to the top of the image...

I get where you're going with this, and you can definitely get there... but it will take some location scouting (finding the perfect tree) and then some technical finesse.

Most reactions

Back