What's new

A 2014 Goal Accomplished!

Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
10,726
Reaction score
5,468
Location
The Beautiful Hills of East Tennessee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my two main goals this year was to get accepted into at least one exhibition. Yesterday, I was notified that one of my pieces was selected for an upcoming exhibit with our local Arts Council!
This will be an exhibit of 50 photos that will be on display at the Art Emporium building in our downtown area throughout the month of May.

The best part about this exhibit is that the Opening Reception will be during First Friday, a MAJOR Art event in our community that usually attracts a lot of art enthusiasts and patrons to all the art galleries in downtown on the first of each month. So, it's almost guaranteed to get some decent exposure, at least on that one day!

I've posted this before, but here's the photo that will be in the exhibit (look, it's NOT a Bird!!):


(Oh, and the second main goal? Becoming more comfortable with portrait photography, especially using flash outdoors on people. But uh, let's not really talk about how THAT one is going, hmmm??… :D )
 
Nice! after months of talking about it, I finally went out to capture the sunrise over DC before work.

I'm really not a good landscape shooter, and it was apparent my skill and equipment was lacking.
 
Last edited:
Ahhh, good for you Sharon! We all like you, and we're happy to hear about your successes and achievements. "You go girl!" I really mean that! Err, I mean, "You go, grown-up, capable, adult woman!" :-)
 
congrats. Looking at that photo, it is clear you deserve to be there.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Thanks all!

Ahhh, good for you Sharon! We all like you, and we're happy to hear about your successes and achievements. "You go girl!" I really mean that! Err, I mean, "You go, grown-up, capable, adult woman!" :-)

Meh, I stink at all the PC cr*p--"you go, girl!" works just fine for me! And thank you!

What lens did you use for that one? Great job!

That was shot with my Tokina 100mm macro lens.
 
Jeez, a billboard isn't good enough for you? ;)
 
Dude--not even THREE billboardz waz enuff fer her!!!!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Dude--not even THREE billboardz waz enuff fer her!!!!

Ahem…it was FOUR. AND six ads big enough to cover the outside of a city bus. But who's counting? :lmao:

It's NEVER enough, is it?? For me, photography is kinda like a drug addiction. One high just leads to a desperate need for another, bigger "high." :lol:
 
Very well taken indeed.

JohnLindsey-Photography
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom