What's new

A 2014 Goal Accomplished!

Dude--not even THREE billboardz waz enuff fer her!!!!

Ahem…it was FOUR. AND six ads big enough to cover the outside of a city bus. But who's counting? :lmao:

It's NEVER enough, is it?? For me, photography is kinda like a drug addiction. One high just leads to a desperate need for another, bigger "high." :lol:

Yup, you GO girl!!
 
congratulations!! that is a nice picture.

and don't worry, you've still got another 8 months left in 2014 to work on your portraits!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
UPDATE:

Tonight's the night of the Opening Reception!!!
I cannot *believe* how stressed out I got this morning just deciding what to wear! :lol: I mean, should I just wear jeans and a casual shirt like I do most Fridays, and act like this is no big deal to me? Or should I go to the other extreme and wear…a DRESS?? or at least a skirt? And HEELS? (and by heels, I mean about a 1/2-inch, maybe an inch. I don't DO anything higher than that) I don't think I have worn a skirt to work in the entire nearly 9 years I've been here. :lol: And besides, what if I get really dressed up and then everyone else is in jeans?

In the end, after another cup of coffee, and a little pill (just kidding about the pill, though it probably would have been a good idea, lol), I calmed down a bit. In the end, I went with jeans, but a very bright, colorful, "arty" sort of jacket and scarf, with matching colorful but comfortable and no-heeled shoes. I'm toying with wearing a hat--just because I like hats. But, alas, I don't have a beret for my premiere as an Arteest. :lmao:

The reception is from 5-9 p.m. I'm hoping ANYbody I know shows up. Well, I already know my sister and my mommy will come. And a niece (who isn't really my niece; she's my cousin's daughter, but my cousins and I were like sisters). Oh, and another niece (who also isn't really a niece, as she and indeed her entire family, are from Ethiopia. Long story, but she's family now, by heart if not by any legal means). So, at least I won't be there alone ALL night.

Anyone wanna come? Just a quick little trip to Knoxville for the evening, you know? :lol:

Wish me…whatever one wishes a person attending their first Opening Night Reception for an exhibit! My grandest wish is to just NOT feel like my photo doesn't stack up well to the others, and that it's well received. And that more than 4 people show up the whole night. :D


Off-Topic: I intend to post this under at least one post per day for the next several days, in an effort to get the word out to those who might not have seen THIS THREAD. If you are an active member of TPF and need a decent, but older model DSLR, you'll want to go post your thoughts in that thread, to let pixmedic know a donation thread is in order! But we have to keep the thread in the active list for the next few days to convince him of the need… ;-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom