The Granby Oak tree in Granby, CT. I have worked and driven past this tree thousands and thousands of times. This was my first ever picture of it. I hope you like. C&C highly encouraged.
Can you get the entire tree in the frame? Hopefully, you can get something to show scale, also. If the surrounding area does not lend itself well to good, clear shots, then you'll have to get creative.
I did take a few others after that got the whole tree but I was for some reason drawn to this one. I wasn't worried about scale as to me the tree just looked imposing to me in post. I was hoping to convey that and I felt not getting the whole tree actually made the tree look that much larger in the frame. I will try to see some different angles I can go at it from to get a better view.
I'm not really sure the HDR Effex was responsible for the haloing. Though I could be wrong I can see some form of haloing in this untouched shot. Anybody else have ideas ?
YES! Better.. although the B&W could use some contrast tweaking I think... play with it. (and yes.. it was the HDR processing! Makes me feel like I would get a headache if I look at it too long, lol!)