A Bald Eagle in upstate New York

pathoulihan1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He was perched at the very top of a Birch tree looking out over the lake (for food I assume). It made it a little difficult to get an angle ( and shooting against a rough patchy sky wasn't the best either), but I got him.

DSC05322.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

DSC05306.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05289.jpg

Well done on spotting him and getting the photos - I think the last one is my favourite although I like the expression on his face in photo 4 :thumbup:

Thanks! It was definitely exhilarating to see one in the wild. Having the camera just made it that much better, I took probably 50-60 shots of it ( i was trying to catch a take-off or a wingspan shot), but after about an hour and a half it seemed clear that it was perfectly content right where it was. :)

Last edited:
Holy Cow, what an opportunity!!! Awesome!!! In one it looks like he's smiling for the camera.

Here are a few more, couldn't help but laugh at two and three of this set, and the first one in this set may be my favorite.

DSC05321.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05299-1.jpg

Under the circumstances you did a good job of capturing this eagle. My brother and I go out every year and try to capture eagle pics, but it's hard to do. They can spot you several miles away. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone! Glad you like them! Though he was in a tough spot and like I said before the sky was rough, he made it pretty easy!

Love those Eagles.....they are just returning her in Florida preparing for the nesting season.

Nice pics!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back