Sleepy Creek Lake - Kayak Photo Op. Part 2

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some more images I just finished editing.

This lake has areas covered with lillys and also has dead trees sticking up out of the water.

This Heron is standing on top of a small stump where he was fishing from. I finally made him so nervous he flew off but I caught up with him later further up the lake. (2nd image)
500_9747 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

When I caught up with him he remembered my presents and flew away again.
500_9787 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

This Eagle was flying down the lake fishing when he got too close to a nesting Crackle. She took out after him to chase him away. He made one circle back around (4th image) and then disappeared.
500_9887 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

500_9922 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

JT

Looks like it was worthwhile to bring the camera in the kayak. ;)

[QUOTE="Dean_Gretsch, post: 3959958, member: 213877"...]but it needs a wee bit of straightening[/QUOTE]

Good eye Dean. I didn't even notice that. Thanks!

Very nice! I would think it’s tough to follow birds in flight while in the kayak. I’ve never been brave enough to take mine.

Very nice! I would think it’s tough to follow birds in flight while in the kayak. I’ve never been brave enough to take mine

Thank you! As for photographing from a kayak, merely think about all the times you have been in a kayak just for fun and how many times you almost tipped over but didn't. Now if you went out on a "serious" excursion in a kayak and kept a "very keen sense of balance" about you at all times then you shouldn't have any problems. I have to admit that the first few times I went I was anxious. As far as holding a subject steady in the view finder, it takes a little practice and always a very fast shutter speed.

Very nice #4 is my favorite, I wouldn't trust myself to be on a kayak with camera gear, YIKES!!!

Great shooting.

Nice pics! Once again you've inspired me to take my camera out on my kayak. You're probably right but just for insurance purposes I think I'll put everything in my waterproof dry bag until I'm ready to start snapping. I'm hoping to capture some dolphins hunting or maybe a hammerhead. Would make for a cool pic!

Most reactions

Back