A beautful girl, but need CC.

beansprouts3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this a week ago and posted it on another board. I got lots of cc on the original and I've learned SO much in just a week from looking at post after post and photo after photo that I re-edited it. I'd like to show it to eyes who didn't see the original. I'll post the original if requested. I think it was a good capture (thankfully RAW!) but poorly shot. Please tell me what you think.

_MG_5053-3.jpg

Very pretty girl indeed.

I think it's a good photo but it could be better. The first thing that stands out to me, is her shirt...it's the brightest part of the image and it stands out from the background and from her skin tone. Being the brightest and having the most contrast, it attracts the viewer's eye...which isn't what you want.

Had she been wearing a darker shirt, her face would have a lot more contrast in the image, and the viewer's eye would be drawn to it.

Further to that, her eyes could be a little bit brighter, which again, would draw the viewer's attention.

Its a nice shot. To me the white balance looks off a bit. It has a greenish cast to it. I would like to see the original too though. I agree about the shirt white is tough to photograph for sure. She is a beautiful girl as well. If she is yours lock her up now while you have a chance lol.

Here is a quick edit I did. Did a quick levels adjustment then created a new layer for the eyes and made them just a little brighter.

3349315425_b542784d38_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, that looks wonderful! I'd love to know how to do that. The original, the more I look at it is horrid. LOL.

2646_55348492981_644112981_1533819_.jpg

Thank you, that looks wonderful! I'd love to know how to do that. The original, the more I look at it is horrid. LOL.

Most of what I did was super easy one or two click edits. I use gimp for my editing work.

The first thing I did was a levels adjustment. Go into the levels tool. You can select the white eyedropper and find what you think is the whitest spot in the shot and select that. Do the same with the black eye dropper. That helps correct the color cast. Mine could use a little more fine tunign by the looks of things....

The next thing I did was create a new duplicate layer and brighten it using the curves tool. I placed that layer under the original layer and erased the eyes from the original layer leaving the brightened eyes in their place.

To MGW189---your quick reply and touch-up helped me with some of my black horse and snow pictures. I had blue snow. I have photoshop and just know what I know. Thank you for explaining that.
Brenda

Most of what I did was super easy one or two click edits. I use gimp for my editing work.

The first thing I did was a levels adjustment. Go into the levels tool. You can select the white eyedropper and find what you think is the whitest spot in the shot and select that. Do the same with the black eye dropper. That helps correct the color cast. Mine could use a little more fine tunign by the looks of things....

The next thing I did was create a new duplicate layer and brighten it using the curves tool. I placed that layer under the original layer and erased the eyes from the original layer leaving the brightened eyes in their place.

Awesome! Thanks! That sounds easy enough. :thumbup:

Wow, obvious white balance problem. Your edit in the first post is a big improvement but seems to have a yellow/greenish tint to it. Mgw189's edit helped correct the color issue but makes the girl look very pale.

Although the girl is centered in the frame, the bricks of the wall seem to help offset that issue and makes the picture work well.

Thanks. All I can say about the white balance is 1) Dude. What made me think that looked balanced? And 2) thank the good Lord for RAW!!

I'm noticing all my photos seem to have a green tint when they are stored on photobucket. When I copy the same photo back to photoshop, it looks better balanced. Weird.

It's a great shot! I like it a lot! The 1st one looks best, and next time also try positioning the subject to the left or right (in addition to centered). I see it's very well edited. Good job! ;)

edit: It might be a tiny bit overexposed, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be or it's just my eye. ;)

i think all it needs is correct the WB and thats about it

I'm noticing all my photos seem to have a green tint when they are stored on photobucket. When I copy the same photo back to photoshop, it looks better balanced. Weird.
A lot of people have had issues with Photobucket making their images look worse than they actually are. You might want to consider using another photo hosting site. A lot of people seem to like Flickr.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back