a beginner's hello and plea for help

Ok, first time since a few weeks access to computer, so I apologise for not answering or viewing the comments earlier!
Thank you all so much for the taken time and the advice, I will be sure to put it into practice (last few weeks were crazy for me, so I am getting to my normal self with the first coffee today and rolling my sleeves up to do what I want to do...)

Thank you so much again! nycphotography: no, the images were not some of my favourites, I just thought the others were too vaque and abstract and these four look (in my humble opinion ) more like photos than captures of my imagination splashed over a fragment of nature. Thank you for clicking the link and taking the time, your words encourage me greatly! I signed here to get the technical basis, or least to get it started and I am still looking for a course to take that fits in my schedule. I also agree that technical experience adds possibilities and could only broaden my way of expression. I can't say I know how and why but I do have strong opinion about what I like and what I don't (concerning my attempts and those of others) so I lead myself with this impulse. I am eager to learn, nonetheless. Hopefully, no raccooon is gonna snatch my camera and obstruct my process of learning haha. No, I am happy that this week I have more time and will start focusing on composition and exposure :)

Gavjenks, unfortunately the video seems to be unavailable in Germany....arggggggg

Marshall, thanks very much! I think I am one of the lucky (or unlucky, question of perspective) ones who have learnt to toughen up. So, I look at every critique as invaluable opportunity to learn :) But sure it feels like honey on my heart when a stranger like you says something positive. Thank you!

Thanks again to all, your help is greatly appreciated! Dmariell and DiscoJoe, thanks as well! What you say is taken on board and hopefully won't fall out with the next storm :)

PS- sorry for any mistakes which desecrate the English language, spent last weeks dealing with german beaurocratic stuff and the experience killed off brain cells.

PS- sorry for any mistakes which desecrate the English language, spent last weeks dealing with german beaurocratic stuff and the experience killed off brain cells.
I didn't notice until you mentioned it. You write very good English.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back