THANK YOU BuS_RiDeR for the edit! Yes, I agree with katy, it DOES look brighter; while I do prefer the tone of my original, myfotoguy does have a point with the edit having a more crisp feeling. Thank you all for your comments. As for the focal point, what I would have wanted was to be able to have gotten closer and tightened up the tree and the goose; having a REALLY short lens makes that difficult. Attempting to save up for a Nikon D300S or a Panasonic Lumix GH1. Considering the history of Nikon and its use of interchangeable lens mounts, I think it'll be my new baby. For the time being, I researched and invested in a Canon Powershot A3000IS. What a fun little camera for being just a P&S, but like I said, it has a very short lens and the photo you see is already zoomed in as far as the camera can go optically. I could try to post-process a crop but I'm afraid considering the lossy nature of JPEG, I'll end up having a silly looking photo indeed. Again thanks for your comments and insights.