No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a photo of Bemidji Lake early in the morning:

28507_396391504820_508854820_4283627_6186414_n.jpg

I like it... but it looks a bit dark/under exposed to me... Also I don't see a deffinite focal point... Maybe if the tree or the bird was more in focus...

However I do like the overall look of the photo... I just threw a quick edit on in to brighten it a bit...

28507_396391504820_508854820_4283627_6186414_n.jpg

i like it and i love bemidji! i do however agree w the underexposed critique and i think it looks better when brightened a little like the edited pic above

Nice shot. I like the mood and color of the original.

I have similar images (tone and sky similarities) and there are times I prefer the look of your original, and other times the edited version that Mark posted. Maybe I feel different depending on the time of day?

I like the colors in the original version.
I like the "clean, crsip" feeling in the sky on Mark's version.

THANK YOU BuS_RiDeR for the edit! Yes, I agree with katy, it DOES look brighter; while I do prefer the tone of my original, myfotoguy does have a point with the edit having a more crisp feeling. Thank you all for your comments. As for the focal point, what I would have wanted was to be able to have gotten closer and tightened up the tree and the goose; having a REALLY short lens makes that difficult. Attempting to save up for a Nikon D300S or a Panasonic Lumix GH1. Considering the history of Nikon and its use of interchangeable lens mounts, I think it'll be my new baby. For the time being, I researched and invested in a Canon Powershot A3000IS. What a fun little camera for being just a P&S, but like I said, it has a very short lens and the photo you see is already zoomed in as far as the camera can go optically. I could try to post-process a crop but I'm afraid considering the lossy nature of JPEG, I'll end up having a silly looking photo indeed. Again thanks for your comments and insights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back