A Brief History of Rules of Composition

I'm kind of surprised, actually, by some posters who apparently haven't spent much time viewing good photography.

They're all like; "how's this for my best effort so far?"

And we're like; "you missed the composition, the frame, the technicals, and the post-processing, but other than that, it's a good shot".

And then they're like; "what do you blockheads know about art? This forum sucks, I'm outa here."

And we're all; "guess that one didn't last long yuk, yuk!"

I'm kind of surprised, actually, by some posters who apparently haven't spent much time viewing good photography.

And we're like; "you missed the composition, the frame, the technicals, and the post-processing, but other than that, it's a good shot".

And then they're like; "what do you blockheads know about art? This forum sucks, I'm outa here."

Honestly do not know what you are talking about, lol.

Did another new member get their dreams shattered recently? :lol:

I remember seeing that exact type of conversation in the people photography forum just a few days ago... The OP TOLD US that her Senior portraits were beautiful in title of her post, and then got awfully pissed of when most folks told her... eh... not so much. Good times...

You know people like that are darn fewer than people actually think ;) They just get all the attention when they appear and stick in the mind for longer.

That said a lot of people don't know how to see. Heck just ask yourself if you can really see a field of flowers - chances are you might know a few; if you garden you might know more but many will be just "more flowers" as opposed to actual things you can identify and pick out of the noise of a field. Photos are the same - until you really look and until you really learn to see (some pick it up others need some guidance) you won't "see"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back