A car shot, Need general opinions.

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright.. So. I took this picture awhile back.. Probably in Jan. I took it back out and re-edited it and was wondering everyone's general opinion of it. I know its dark.. I was going for a darker feel with it.. But is it to dark?

DSC_0014c.jpg

I like the darkness when it comes to the grundgy feeling of the walls, but I would have like to see a little bit more detail in the car. Anyways...good pic...and when we racing? ;)

Yea, I edited it on a laptop which was brighter, but the reason i don't have a problem with it enough to go back and change it.. Most of the details show. Maybe just not very well. I was worried the hood scoop would just disappear but it wasnt as bad as i first thought.

I need slicks or DR's. traction from a dig owns me right now.

I like the colors and overall look but feel like the building on the left is unnecessary.

I like the colors and overall look but feel like the building on the left is unnecessary.

Nah its not.. It adds character. I'm guessing you aren't much into the car world are you?

And yes.. Thats an SRT.

I personally like the image. The car just doesn't grab me enough. The driver's side loses definition and I keep focusing on the phone lines in the trees. I do like the concrete and the building. Basically, just a couple of tweaks. Just remember these are not opinions from a professional.

Keep clicking I enjoy your images.

-Josh

Yea, I edited it on a laptop which was brighter, but the reason i don't have a problem with it enough to go back and change it.. Most of the details show. Maybe just not very well. I was worried the hood scoop would just disappear but it wasnt as bad as i first thought.

I need slicks or DR's. traction from a dig owns me right now.

I like rolls better anyways....what u pushin?

I also think if you can tint ure windows with photoshop...it'll be less distracting...bcuz i keep gettin distracted by the inside rearview mirror etc etc

Yuga, I hadn't even noticed the power lines... heh.. i will have to edit that out. I originally didnt like the image... But it started to grow on me some more so i figured i would post it up here and get opinions.

Toof, It hasn't been dyno'd but I've got the mopar stage 3 upgrade and exhaust work. The mopar claims 310hp and 325tq on pump and 355hp and 365tq on 100+ octane. Someone with the same mods as me but with a BFMIC and slicks ran an 11.6 in the 1/4th, and at the time i dont remember the mph.

Hmm...11.6 seems a little low for just pushin 355 even with slicks. low 12's sounds reasonable. Although with a sick reaction time and launch slicks can do wonders lol. I personally don't like skiddles but I certainly have respect for some of them. I learned that lesson the hard way. lol But nice car, nice pics... Good seeing another car enthusiast on the board.

Ah, got the time.. it was [email protected]

- video.. although ****ty.. lol.

But yea, I love all cars for the most part. I hate ignorant people though. My next vehicle will be an SRT6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rekn the car would look better infront of some industrial garage doors or something.. The black of the car has good contrast already..

Another car guru here, from Australia though.. Last car was a 550hp R33 skyline, ran 11.5 quarters, now I have a 2000 integra type R...

I would have gone for an industrial type setting, same as hobosyke. I'm afraid you're losing a bit of detail in the SRT though, I would have liked to see more from the car.

I drive a Rally Blue 2002 Impreza WRX Wagon, no major mods done save for a Borla Exhaust system installed and slightly beefier 17' BBS Gold Rims (looks like oem rally stuff) with yoko rubber.

I haven't gotten into modifying it as much as I would like.. but I love my car. But I love my photography more!

Let me throw a disclaimer out there on the 11.6.

He ran that, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't touched the turbo, but there is a chance that he could have had it ported with and throw a bigger wheel into it, But I believe he would have mentioned that... However there is still a chance that he didn't.

As far as detail, Alot of it was reflections and some swirl marks... being as its my DD it's paint isn't in the best condition.. and that picture was at the end of winter which meant no wax job. And I made sure the main details stood out, other things are slightly irrevelant [sp] in my opinion. I may go in and lighten it up some though.

Most reactions

Back