A couple for C&C

Micah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I got my D80 and promptly trashed the kit lens in a nasty spill. Yesterday the UPS man brought me my Tamron 70-200 and my Sigma 17-70. Problem is, I threw my backout a week ago, and I still cant get around very well to try them out. So I thought I would throw up a few of my favorite shots from before I trashed the kit lens and see what you all think. I have alot of shots in mind for when I get up and around, so maybe some comments will help me be prepared.

0381.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

The composition on these doesn't really do a whole lot for me, otherwise I love the wide open farm feel.

#1 - I think you could have put the horizon line up a little more and placed the house/barn a little to the left. Exposure is good but the colors could be brought up a bit more, a little more contrast and it could be sharpened more.

#2 - I like the composition in this one, but the image seems really soft...needs to be sharpened more. Exposure is good but the colors seem desaturated. Colors could be brought up some and it could use more contrast. ISO 400 is too high for this kind of shooting environment...when you have good light you should keep the ISO setting lower. Higher ISO will start to introduce noise into the image and noise will start to kill image detail.

Number 1 seems a bit faded to me. Maybe turn up the contrast and saturation a little bit. Number 2 appears a bit soft and faded too. I tried to improve it a bit in photoshop. sharpened, dodge'n burned it, warmed, increased the exposure. Its still not quite right (seems a bit harsh looking), but here's what I got. (link to photo; srry, too lazy to log into flickr)

http://pyea.110mb.com/DSC_0143.jpg

Most reactions

Back