A couple for CC

They look good on my iphone

I think they are a tad under exposed. I personally like to see children's images a tad on the bright side.

They could also use a levels or curves adjustment.

I see that your images are ok to edit, so I went ahead and did <10 secs on the first..
Added exposure, corrected levels.

49587947327f37c99b29b.jpg

Might also need a tad Unsharp Mask as well.
n849587947327f37c99b29bj

I forgot to mention in my last post that the light source seems to be hitting her full front. Try establishing some direction lighting from one side, either with natural light, a reflector, or fill. Otherwise focusing and WB seem to be fine.

Yikes. I'm not lovin' this edit. Too much saturation and sharpening, imo. I actually don't mind the OP's originals. If you want to go lighter though, how about something more like this?
cutie.jpg

- just duplicate the layer
- screen mode
- masked the background

Odd... all I did was open the image with CS4, up the exposure and adjust the levels. No sharpening and no saturation... :/

I do like your edit though :)

[

Odd... all I did was open the image with CS4, up the exposure and adjust the levels. No sharpening and no saturation... :/

Adjusting the levels will affect the saturation. Maybe the look of sharpness is more due the middle of the face becoming much brighter than the shadows on the two sides. No worries, it just wasn't my taste.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back