A Couple From Engagement Session For C&C - First Wedding in 12 Days!

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys, went out and shot an engagement session today for the couple whose wedding I am shooting later this month. Overall, it went pretty well, but I'd like to get them out there again, now that they're more comfortable with the camera in their faces. We were serious pressed for time, which is not fun, but I think they'll be happy with the outcome of our (quick) shoot.

A couple shots that I like. C&C appreciated.

4007561332_ed6bed9b5f_o.jpg

4007561230_254c3ecaef_o.jpg

4007561156_1517fa24cb_o.jpg

4006795203_19c8fcf7fe_o.jpg

Nice shots, lets dwell deeper:

1) Nice composition. The guys face look underexposed, just a little bit. The Florida tag on his right is disctracting. Keep an eye out for details when shooting. It's the little things that you'll notice AFTER the shoot that should have been noticed DURING the shoot. More than likely, you won't be able to shoot the same thing again.

2) Your sepia tone works in this image. I'd like to see it in color. Her look to him is great. I normally don't like either of the couple staring into the distance, but there is something about this image that make it work [for him]. Next shoot, make sure to also watch where you're cropping. As a couple, they wouldn't notice part of his hair cut off. It's minor and like I said, they probably won't notice it, but as a photographer, watch your crops

3) Good composition again. Lovely look in her. I don't like him staring out though. Would have worked better if he was looking either at her or at the camera. Could have used a good DOF like you did with #1....f/8-11...just to where he wasn't that blurry, but is still seen.

4) I like her look. She seems to be most comfortable. If he likes how he is [smiling?] then this would be a GREAT engagement photo for the newspaper. Otherwise, I'm not to fond of his "look." That eyebrow action really gets me. If that's how he looks, then that's how he looks and there's nothing you can do about it.

I hope this helps better your work and find the positive in it too

~Michael~

1) Nice composition. The guys face look underexposed, just a little bit. The Florida tag on his right is disctracting. Keep an eye out for details when shooting. It's the little things that you'll notice AFTER the shoot that should have been noticed DURING the shoot. More than likely, you won't be able to shoot the same thing again.

It's funny you mention the license plate! I actually moved him so it would be viewable. I kind of wanted to state the location in the photo.

2) Your sepia tone works in this image. I'd like to see it in color. Her look to him is great. I normally don't like either of the couple staring into the distance, but there is something about this image that make it work [for him]. Next shoot, make sure to also watch where you're cropping. As a couple, they wouldn't notice part of his hair cut off. It's minor and like I said, they probably won't notice it, but as a photographer, watch your crops

The hair cut-off can luckily be salvaged. I didn't notice it when I cropped, but the original image is actually much wider, so I can fix this.

3) Good composition again. Lovely look in her. I don't like him staring out though. Would have worked better if he was looking either at her or at the camera. Could have used a good DOF like you did with #1....f/8-11...just to where he wasn't that blurry, but is still seen.

So, more blurry? If so, I'd need an aperture as large as possible, methinks. f/2.8, or pull out my 50mm/1.4, and shoot even larger.

4) I like her look. She seems to be most comfortable. If he likes how he is [smiling?] then this would be a GREAT engagement photo for the newspaper. Otherwise, I'm not to fond of his "look." That eyebrow action really gets me. If that's how he looks, then that's how he looks and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'll have to ask the client. I'm not sure if they like his expression or not.

~Michael~

Thanks for the comments. Anyone else?

It's funny you mention the license plate! I actually moved him so it would be viewable. I kind of wanted to state the location in the photo.

The hair cut-off can luckily be salvaged. I didn't notice it when I cropped, but the original image is actually much wider, so I can fix this.

So, more blurry? If so, I'd need an aperture as large as possible, methinks. f/2.8, or pull out my 50mm/1.4, and shoot even larger.

I'll have to ask the client. I'm not sure if they like his expression or not.

~Michael~

Thanks for the comments. Anyone else?

Well, I know they are in Florida and since you mention that, it might work. I was only saying its distracting in a photographers stand point. Unless people from another state were seeing it and didn't know where you were shooting, it's disctacting but since you and the couple are from Florida it Might work. I put great emphasis on might. It's still distracting...

Good thing about the hair. Cropped ANYTHING on a body is bad. Arms, fingers, even hair can ruin a picture.

I don't think a 1.4 would be necessary to shoot at the available f/1.4. Something like I mentioned in the f/8-11 would work. Now that I think about it, 1.4 would be good since he is VERY close to where he is. f/8-11 would work like on #1 because she is so far back and that gives the illusion of more DOF. When they are those close, you need 1.4 or 1.8 to help blur him out. You could even do a guassian blur on the image. This might help, but nonetheless, he still isn't looking at her or the camera.

~Michael~

Nice shots but I thought your name was Mikele Movitz by the watermark. You might want to reconsider that if you want to effectively push your brand. Looks nice otherwise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back