Hiking/Scenic Engagement Shoot

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I was enlisted to take engagement photos for friends of mine. They're huge into the outdoors and hate having their photo taken so they specifically requested that the photos be non-traditional portraits closer to landscape photos than formal portraits.

Because they're friends of mine, we went camping in the Adirondack Mountains for a week together and took photos throughout the weekend.

I wanted them to bring nicer clothes to each spot, but they insisted on dressing like themselves for the photos, and they practically live in athletic apparel.

Just sharing for fun, but C&C is always welcome as well.

We started at a waterfall:

1.)
Engagement_Web-12-L.jpg

2.)
Engagement_Web-5-L.jpg

Then headed to the mountains:

3.)
Engagement_Web-44-XL.jpg

4.)
Engagement_Web-50-L.jpg

5.)
Engagement_Web-70-L.jpg

Later in the weekend we did some photos by the campfire:

6.)
Engagement_Web-75-L.jpg

And then we went and hiked a mountain at 2am to shoot these two photos:

7.)
Engagement_Web-79-L.jpg

8.)
Engagement_Web-78-L.jpg

Pretty well-done shots I think.

Thanks!

I think a lot more effort into posing and wardrobe could have made them a lot better.

But this is specifically what they wanted.

Pretty well-done shots I think.

Thanks!

I think a lot more effort into posing and wardrobe could have made them a lot better.

But this is specifically what they wanted.

Yeah and we all dream of having those perfectly photogenic people, dress properly and are amazingly easy to photograph. But you want your clients to be comfortable so that they don't look awkward in photos.

I think these are very well done and composed. And I agree with Granddad, that shots 7 & 8 are really great!

Last edited:
I like the whole set. Unique look, well done

Nothing wrong with being yourself. I actually like that they wanted nontraditional photos. More people should be like that.

Most reactions

Back