A couple from the Reds Game the other night

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't really like the last one, but my wife thought it was good so I figured I would throw it in here for everyone to look at.

DSC_5431.jpg

DSC_5569.jpg

DSC_5281.jpg

DSC_5327.jpg

All pretty cool shots. If it were me I could crop the outfield grass out of the last one and bring the shot in closer. I don't think the grass adds anything to the shot.

I think they all would've been a lot better too if the Indians would've won a couple games ;)

To Wdodd: As a Royals fan, I can honestly say losing doesn't hurt anymore. You should try it. No hope = no pain.

That being said, I like the second one the best. There's something enchanting and mystical about the energy of a stadium during a game, and IMO sometimes the stadium is more fitting of a photograph than the players on the field.

The 4th one doesn't do anything for me, and I might crop the 3rd one. Its too cropped as is to get the vastness of where he's at, so I would personally just make it about him. BTW I don't think the third shot would have been as cool if it hadn't been Ken Griffey. I know you guys in Cincinatti don't like him that much, but he's still a cool cat, and he's a legend/HOFer. Kudos for picking the right player to make the shot more "timeless."

I love number 2 but there is one thing that really really bugs me about the image. I'm not sure how you managed to desaturate it without getting rid of the colour noise, but it's ruining a great image.

My suggestions is either desaturate it again or run it through a colour noise reduction. (leave the luminance noise as it is, it ads some character to the image).

the first one is strange. your selective color leaves the bounds of what you wanted to be in color....the camera right side of the brim of his hat is blurry and not defined. he's outlined in blue on the camera right side as well. did you use a layer mask to do that selective coloring? if so, zoom in to 400% and redo the outline of him, it'll look cleaner.

the one of griffey looks great though!

I love number 2 but there is one thing that really really bugs me about the image. I'm not sure how you managed to desaturate it without getting rid of the colour noise, but it's ruining a great image.

My suggestions is either desaturate it again or run it through a colour noise reduction. (leave the luminance noise as it is, it ads some character to the image).

I did a film grain filter on it in PS, that's where you're seeing the noise. I just liked the way it looked so I left it.

the first one is strange. your selective color leaves the bounds of what you wanted to be in color....the camera right side of the brim of his hat is blurry and not defined. he's outlined in blue on the camera right side as well. did you use a layer mask to do that selective coloring? if so, zoom in to 400% and redo the outline of him, it'll look cleaner.

the one of griffey looks great though!

Good call on the blue line. Here's the fixed version:

DSC_5431-2.jpg

DSC_5431.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back