A couple from the zoo trip this weekend

Nice! Looks like the teleconverter works jus fine.

So what is your take on the teleconverter? I asked the forum their views on them in a thread and almost all said forget them and get a bigger lens. I would love to be able to afford a $14-17,000 glass, but my conscience ( and other half ) just wouldn't cooperate ,I believe, for a hobby.

So what is your take on the teleconverter? I asked the forum their views on them in a thread and almost all said forget them and get a bigger lens. I would love to be able to afford a $14-17,000 glass, but my conscience ( and other half ) just wouldn't cooperate ,I believe, for a hobby.

Good question to ask to someone who actually uses them. I think he uses them to their full advantage, his shots are always sharp and well rendered.

I've found quality tele-extenders to work well. They work best on primes, but I've had good luck with zooms. I think they tend to magnify 'imperfections', as in, if you start with a mediocre lens, it will magnify the mediocrity ... if you start with a high quality lens, the level of magnified imperfections is significantly less.

Ok, so on the teleconverter. I like them myself. The image quality of the 1.4 is such that your very hard pressed to tell the difference between shooting with it and shooting without it.

The 2x you do see a slight loss in sharpness, but again it's something you really have to look for to see. Honestly even with the 2x you might need a bit of additional sharpening in post on occasion but for the most part once your done you probably won't notice much difference in the final results.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Nice set but Isabella is gorgeous. I always wanted to pet one, but I want to live a little longer.

Most reactions

Back