A couple night shots

Insomniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I took these in downtown Washington DC after a long day of shooting the cherry blossoms on the Tidal Basin. I was tired and in a hurry, so I forgot to turn on the noise reduction setting for such a long exposure it really would have helped. Thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

DSC_0182web.jpg

DSC_0168web.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well wow. Cool.
With these up here now, I shall NEVER show you my attempts at night photography in Washington D.C. any more, I fear... Where were you, insomniac, when we had the TPF Meet-Up on 7/8/9 April??? Given you were there a week before when the cherry blossoms were still there (we missed them :().

OP
Insomniac

Insomniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
LaFoto,
Thanks for the comment. I remember thinking that you guys were going to miss the blomming of the cherry trees the day I was down there and they were at peak bloom. From the pictures posted, looks like you guys had a nice time. Maybe next time I'll join you guys.

Here's a pic I got when the tree's were in bloom. Hope it doesn't upset those who missed it. :grumpy:

DSC_0121web.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh-oh-oh, but it DOES. It DOES so much!!! :cry:

These are the sorry remains that we got to see on "our" weekend there:

148454758.jpg

148454761.jpg

148454762.jpg

148454764.jpg

:(

Sorry for hijacking your thread with these... they are only a means of communication here.

OP
Insomniac

Insomniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
LOL, if it's any consolation there must have been a million people downtown that weekend and it was extremely difficult to get any sort of shot. Maybe you'll have better luck next year. You managed to get a couple nice ones!

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Lovely shots! Nice nighttime views, and that's an awesome blossom shot, with the clouds and reflection. Thanks for sharing. I hope to someday see the cherry trees blooming in DC.

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beautiful pictures. That is one place that I would really like to go at some point. You did an excellent job capturing these historic monuments

Most reactions

New Topics