a couple of geese

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Long time, no post, so I went to the park this morning and shot mostly film, but did manage to get a couple of fun digital pics as well.

This first one was standing just perfectly so it looked like he was standing on one leg. Then he folded his neck and- Perfect stork pose!

goose002.jpg

This one was checking me out while I was changing a roll of film. Snuck right up on me. This is from about 15 feet or so...

goose001.jpg

Jim

nice shots, my favorite is the second one ... colors are vivid :D

While the first catches a great moment, I too like the second shot better. Don't wildlife photos look so much better when you capture the reflection off of the subjects eye?

Love the second shot as well. I do believe it is better when your photographing an animal/bird/reptile etc. that you need to make sure it's looking at you through the lens. Makes such a difference.

I like the second one too, nice bright colors,
think the background in the first one is distracting :scratch:

Yeah, the background in the first one sucks, but this is basically a trench dug with with a bulldozer, so there isn't any way to get down to the water without getting wet up to your waist & covered in goose crap & well... I just ain't that dedicated for a scouting mission! :lol:

I need to go back with bread crumbs or crackers so they don't run off so quickly. Even though they get fed constantly & are generally quite tame they will wander off as you approach unless you have food for them.

The second one is from a mixed group of white domestics, a smaller goose I'd not seen before (& haven't identified yet) and these mixed breeds. Notice the black bill & orange feet. This is a domestic goose crossed with a Canadian. Black bill, grey back & neck, orange feet, white bottom. Rather funny!

Several times a day they parade single file across the road, stopping traffic as they go. Rather amusing to watch. :D

Jim

Yell, I under you can’t all way have a good background, if you get a chance to get more shots think DOF, I know Monday quarter backing, I have used the blur command a few time to add a DOF affect with photo software (I use Corel), but the results have been mixed

Good snap first. :ROFL: But that is one uppity goose in the second. needs taken down a notch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back