A couple of Scotish panoramas

petrochemist

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
North Essex UK (despite the German hosting!)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On our recent family Holiday to Scotland we came across several views that were worthy of panoramas. Here are a couple of the better ones:
Oban infra red panorama by Analyst 1, on Flickr

View from Carnasserie castle_stitch small by Analyst 1, on Flickr

The view over Oban is using a 720nm filter, whilst the second is full spectrum without a filter.
I've not got round to stitching the visual light ones yet.
Both were stitched using Microsoft ICE, from handheld shots and have been reduced in size to 10%. 1100 pixel wide should be enough for you :)

Never been quite sure of infra-red, but I actually quite like this one. Very nice framing of the water.

I prefer the 2nd one, mostly because I can see the potential in it: that fence on the far right needs to get gone and the contrast and colour needs a good boot up the arse, particularly in the middle section. It needs a bit of exaggerative work to bring some of that famous western Scotland ruggedness back.

Both nice images though, well done!

Never been quite sure of infra-red, but I actually quite like this one. Very nice framing of the water.

I prefer the 2nd one, mostly because I can see the potential in it: that fence on the far right needs to get gone and the contrast and colour needs a good boot up the arse, particularly in the middle section. It needs a bit of exaggerative work to bring some of that famous western Scotland ruggedness back.

Both nice images though, well done!

Thanks Forkie, a nicely balanced critique. The infra red element in the second one helped bring out the sky but I guess it has also brightened the foliage too much. I'll have to see if I can get to grips with selective contrast adjustment. At least cropping out the top of the castle (the fence) is within my post processing skills.

Most reactions

Back