What's new

A crossed reminder!

ronlane

What's next?
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
4,962
Location
Mustang Oklahoma
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some close friends gave us this for Christmas. I took this to try out the Nik software to see if I want to purchase it.

1) In color, I used Color efex Pro 4
$Christmas cross-1-Edit.webp

2) Converted using Silver efex Pro 2

$Christmas cross-2-Edit.webp
 
Sorry to go off topic, kind of, but most scriptural details point to Jesus's birth actually around the spring rather than Christmas or during the winter.
 
The color version speaks to me the most. Good work.
 
There's not enough separation between the subject and the background.

Try to tone down those colors in the background, since they are overpowering and brighten the photo a bit.

But... don't take my words as a fact since I'm viewing those on my crappy computer at work.
 
The color version speaks to me the most. Good work.

Thanks EOV.

There's not enough separation between the subject and the background.

Try to tone down those colors in the background, since they are overpowering and brighten the photo a bit.

But... don't take my words as a fact since I'm viewing those on my crappy computer at work.

Thanks mmaria. I moved the cross all over the room. I started from about 12 feet away and wasn't happy with the background (showed more than the tree and lights) and kept moving closer. I think I have a couple of issues with this that I need to set it up again possibly tonight. I think I have some strobe spilling on the tree and the bokeh is not what I was wanting.

FYI, this is an exercise trying to recreate a shot from a training video I saw on youtube.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom