What's new

A day in the swamps and on the beach with my D800.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ADDED ANOTHER PHOTO. SCROLL DOWN.

Hey everyone! I had a day in Calvert Cliffs, Maryland this past week. Well, it was actually only a few hours. I got rained out. :er:

Anywho, here are some of the photos I came back with. C&C always welcome and appreciated should you feel so inclined.

Nikon D800
Nikon 17-35mm F/2.8
Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8II
Nikon 300mm F/4.0 AF-s
No CPOL or ND :grumpy:
1
DSC_2372_SM.jpg


2
DSC_2399_BW.jpg


3
DSC_2409_BW_SM.jpg


4
DSC_2442_SM.jpg


5
DSC_2458_SM.jpg


6-1
I'm still having a bit of trouble choosing which edit I like for this one.
DSC_2416_BW2SM.jpg


6-2
DSC_2416_BW.jpg


6-3
DSC_2416.jpg


Just for fun:

DSC_2432.jpg


And..just incase you REALLY had to see what Aunt Louise was doing in the living room:

100% crop
Crop.jpg


Thanks for looking!
Mark
 
Last edited:
Man O' Man...I really like #3. I see you are trying to take advantage of that DR as much as possible. For #6 I like all three edits but for some unknown reason I like #1 sepia the best, feel it gives it a little bit of mood.
 
Hey, thanks! And yeah. It's a beast in that regard! Absolutely incredible, really. Each of these are one frame, not HDR or bracketed, by the way.

Mark
 
no, I figured as much. I still haven't got mine and at this point I think I'm going to wait until after my return from the Caribbean ($) to buy one.
 
3,4,6-1 = incredible! the colors the light the effects. everything is amazing! Great photos :)
 
Oh & i would be interested to see how (if possible) it would look if you lighten the sky up in 6-3. I think the colors clash in that one.
 
Love 3 as well , and as stated above the Sepia on 6 .
 
Bump for resolution test.

Mark
 
I like them all, 2 & 3 stick out most to me. I love #3...I would be interested to see #2 with that same effect.
 
I love number 4. The colors of the sky, the greens, all a midst the dead and the mud. Nice.
 
Nikon D800:sexywink:

#1: i am not sure about this image's composition
#2: The picture is heavy towards the left
#3: a really artistic composition
#4: Blues and greens: lovely colors... :D the foreground lumps indicate human activities that intrude into the pristine beauties.... :grumpy:
#5: its green is so soothing :D
#6, #7, & #8: Like you i too am uncertain which to choose... they are equally outstanding...it is difficult to believe they are non HDR.... did you use any special features of Nik800 to achieve this?
#7, #8:Except for the vast blankness of the sky i like these images...
 
Thank you for all your kind words!

#2: The picture is heavy towards the left

In this particular photo, I feel that the composition leaves a very strong line for your eye to follow with the edge of the cliffs. But, I agree. Thank you for the insight.

Mark
 
Mark - I like the 6-1, but I like the 6-3 also. Aunt Louise's house reminds me of the location in the Mel Gibson movie Forever Young where he landed the plane to see his sweetheart at the end of the movie. Anyhoo, glad you are enjoying the camera and that you did manage to have a bit of a clear sky for a short while.
 
Nice! Incredible Dynamic Range. I don't know why Nikon isn't hyping that more.
 
Mark - I like the 6-1, but I like the 6-3 also. Aunt Louise's house reminds me of the location in the Mel Gibson movie Forever Young where he landed the plane to see his sweetheart at the end of the movie. Anyhoo, glad you are enjoying the camera and that you did manage to have a bit of a clear sky for a short while.

Haha! Agreed! But, I should say that this isn't my Aunt Louise's house. I don't even have an Aunt Louise. This is the Calvert Cliffs Lighthouse. But, no worries!

Nice! Incredible Dynamic Range. I don't know why Nikon isn't hyping that more.

Agreed!

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom