A Family of Ducks

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a family of ducks taken at Washington Park in Springfield, Illinois. They are a colorful mixture of White Pekin, Mallard, and a genetic combination of both species. This picture was taken with a Nikon D610. I wanted to try to out a new (used) 35-105 mm lens that I bought on eBay for $44.00.

Attachments

• DSC_5013 (2).JPG
    DSC_5013 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
I wanted to try to out a new (used) 35-105 mm lens ...
Greetings!

As long as you're trying it out, let's see how well you can get the entire group in focus. This shot was o.k. as it goes, but the shallow DOF is only one version.

I wanted to try to out a new (used) 35-105 mm lens ...
Greetings!

As long as you're trying it out, let's see how well you can get the entire group in focus. This shot was o.k. as it goes, but the shallow DOF is only one version.

Okay, I may go out again today. Will try it will a smaller aperture. Thank you

Okay, I may go out again today. Will try it will a smaller aperture. Thank you
Anytime you want to know the DOF before you shoot, you can use a DOF calculator. They are available online, and as an app for a smart phone. Takes the guesswork out of it.

It's a nice enough pic imo. What aper did you shoot that at? Try a smaller aper to try and get all those ducks in focus but you 'may' find yourself struggling with the question, now what ... do I choose sharpness or dof?

Looks like the lens works well enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back