A few baby shots (No, I'm still not a baby photographer)

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ballengerphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some friends of ours have an absolutely adorable kid, so I don't mind at all when they want to have me shoot for them occasionally. I'd love some feedback on these, as I rarely shoot babies. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Enjoy!

James, in my humble (worthless) opinion, they are all really good but to me #1 is the BOMB! The colors pop, she is adorable. Great job.

Nice... I like #4 best! (going MWAC on us, huh?) lol!

Well done. You've got some nice "moments" there.

The main thing I personally like is that nothing jumps out as me as an awful aesthetic choice. You haven't popped the colors or desaturated them into oblivion. You haven't processed the eyes into creepy hell-beast eyes. You haven't stuffed the into into some ridiculous basket, or cooking pot, or any of the other awful cliches.

You just let the kid be the kid, dressed up cute, being a kid, and you shot *that* which is all that is necessary. Photographs of kids don't need to be pepped up, they're already awesome.

James, in my humble (worthless) opinion, they are all really good but to me #1 is the BOMB! The colors pop, she is adorable. Great job.

Thanks Ron! #1 is my wife's favorite as well. This is the first set I've shot with my D800. And most likely my last. :lol:

The image quality is ridiculous, but it just mucks up my whole workflow.

Well done. You've got some nice "moments" there.

The main thing I personally like is that nothing jumps out as me as an awful aesthetic choice. You haven't popped the colors or desaturated them into oblivion. You haven't processed the eyes into creepy hell-beast eyes. You haven't stuffed the into into some ridiculous basket, or cooking pot, or any of the other awful cliches.

You just let the kid be the kid, dressed up cute, being a kid, and you shot *that* which is all that is necessary. Photographs of kids don't need to be pepped up, they're already awesome.

Yeah, the whole "natural shots, no cliches" thing was rule #1 with the kid's Mom. I told her that was the number one I hate most about baby pictures. Flower pots are made for flowers, dang it. :banghead:

nice sharp shots, you are in the right direction!

Those colors are really really great! My favorite one is number 4, the detail in that black and white! :drool:Great work nonetheless.

I like #4 but in color please.

#4 is my favorite. Good focus, priceless expression. Good job!

# 3 had them beat until I saw # 4 - Priceless!!!

Most reactions

Back