What's new

A few Day Trip HDR Shots for C&C

Not sure if HDR imaging helped the 1st picture or not, as B&W never seemed like a good medium for it. Picture #2 is a really nice composition, but it lacks contrast and enough saturation, especially if it's an HDR Image. Picture #3 really shows off your Mini Cooper. Just not sure if I like the Vignetting or not.
 
I like #1 the best of the 3. The tone seems tad flat, but that's a matter of taste I guess. Composition is very nice.

#2 is not as interesting and is a bit flat again (for me).

#3 is my least favorite.
 
First two are really really outstanding!!! third is not my cup

Regards :d
 
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Not sure if HDR imaging helped the 1st picture or not, as B&W never seemed like a good medium for it.

For shot #1, the HDR brought out a lot of extra details in the trees.
Shot #1 was by far my favorite of the bunch.
 
the composition of the first is great, I have a similar shot in my port. Where is that? I'm in San Jose and I am pretty familiar with our coastline and inland roads but don't recall coming across that building on stilts before?
 
the composition of the first is great, I have a similar shot in my port. Where is that? I'm in San Jose and I am pretty familiar with our coastline and inland roads but don't recall coming across that building on stilts before?

Thanks for the feedback.
That spot is near Point Reyes. It's called the North District Operations Center, leading to the historic RCA Building.

Just for comparison's sake, here is the HDR and non HDR options for the same shot:

1. HDR Version:

House at the End of the Road by InakaMike, on Flickr

2. Non-HDR Version:

Misty Road by InakaMike, on Flickr

I like them both versions for different reasons. Like the detail of the trees in the HDR version, but I like the sky/misty mood of the non-HDR version.
 
Last edited:
I Like!

Send in more!!
 
Thanks for the kind words! :thumbup:
 
The non-HDR version is the best shot by far, in my opinion. Yes, you lose the detail that HDR helped you uncover, but you gain contrast and mood. A black and white image needs deep blacks to be striking -- HDR doesn't typically help that particular cause.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom