A few flowers macros

Mike350d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these with my new 100mm f/2.8 macro (what a fantastic lens!). Other than a little bit of sharpening (they are all handheld) there is practically no PP. I'm quite pleased with the results but C&C welcomed as always :).

I'm not a flowery person so my apologies for not being able to name any of them :blushing:

Flower1.jpg

Flower2.jpg

Flower3.jpg

Flower4.jpg

Flower5.jpg

Curiously enough, the image with the least interesting subject (the last one) is the one I can't take my eyes off of.

I'm no expert either, but I think they are of the Red Exulous variety. :wink:

Sorry for the smart remark. Everytime I tried to view your pix all I got was a bunch of the evil red X's.

Your pix look great. I especially like 2 & 3.

Very nice, especially for hand-held. The areas in focus are nice & crisp. Now....get that rig on a tripod, stop it down a few for some more DOF, and watch your photos really pop.

Good work.

Colors on 3 floored me. 5 is wicked cool, too.

Cheers for the comments guys. I don't think I can pick a favourite. If I had to put a big print of one of them on my wall then probably no. 2

No. 3 turned out the way it did because it was backlit by the sun. I was sitting two feet away from it swigging a beer for about 30 mins before I even acknowledged it as a photo opportunity - maybe the beer helped ;)

They're all nice, but I think #3 has the best composition.

I love 1, 3, and 5. #3 is lavender if im not mistaken. #5 would have to be my favorite though.

Mark

#5 does it for me, but the fringing is a bit on the distracting side.

Most reactions

Back