A few from hopewell Furnace PA

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These shots looked awful on here so I deleted them - sorry for the inconvenience.

I know what I did wrong now - I saved my photos wrong and thus they won't travel well to the internet and since I have the very bad habit of saving over the original file, the problem can't be fixed. :blushing:

I have learned my lesson and since Hopewell furnace is close by I hope to be able to post other photos from this fantastic place in the near future.:D

:thumbup: I do have one shot getting good reviews over on the B&W board, [hint hint] :lol:

Last edited:
No idea since we can't see the images since removal....

Pics are auto resized here to a max width of I think 800px wide, then you get a little bar to click on to see the image at the full size. This is to prevent overflowing images that are wider than the screen, for users that have a smaller screen or lower resolution. And when you "squash" an image like that for the preview it can look a litte distorted etc. So if you click on the "show full size" bar at the top of the image, you'll see it in full size.

The other thing is that webhosting sites for pics have a habit of altering pics, have heard that both Photobucket and Flickr make pics look darker etc. So depending on where you store them, they will look different online, than the same image at home on your hard disk. Hope that helps ...

Pics are auto resized here to a max width of I think 800px wide, then you get a little bar to click on to see the image at the full size. This is to prevent overflowing images that are wider than the screen, for users that have a smaller screen or lower resolution. And when you "squash" an image like that for the preview it can look a litte distorted etc. So if you click on the "show full size" bar at the top of the image, you'll see it in full size.

The other thing is that webhosting sites for pics have a habit of altering pics, have heard that both Photobucket and Flickr make pics look darker etc. So depending on where you store them, they will look different online, than the same image at home on your hard disk. Hope that helps ...

:blushing::blushing: Oops! I never click on the bars that say view full size so I guess I'm guilty of giving bad C&C to something that might have looked good..:confused:

:blushing: Maybe I'll repost these at a later date, but I have already removed them from photo bucket too ---right now I'll just slink off with my tail between my legs.:blushing::lol: Thanks for the info.

No worries :) Repost them again in this thread sometime, would be interesting to see them :)

No worries :) Repost them again in this thread sometime, would be interesting to see them :)

Had reposted photos --- removed photos for 2n'd time. 3- 22-09

Last edited:
To those of you who wasted time looking through this thread I apologize. There was a frustrated rant here which I felt should be removed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back