What's new

A few from today and an article by Tamron

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
3,594
Reaction score
3,636
Location
Old Saybrook, CT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The best of times the worst of times. Hit one of my spots this morning and my D800 was a brick. No power.. nothing.. Oh well off for a new power module. Luckily I always have my D7100 with me. The last day, as I just sold it and I'm shipping it out tomorrow.. ugg.. back to the D300 for a bit.. Anyways, Tamron published a nice article about me today in their enews letter... Photo Division, Tamron USA


I had already deleted all my fine tune values so the new owner could start out fresh, so not quite as sharp as I'm used to since i couldn't remember what I had the D7100 Af tune set too..

Thanks for looking, comments welcome

1 Barred at sunset
Barred Owl 1_13 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

2 Harrier on the hunt
Harrier on the hunt 1/13 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

3 Fat Red Shouldered Hawk - This hawk has been evading me for a month, or showing up in snowstorms..
Red Shouldered Hawk 1_13 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

4 RT Hawk (not George)
Red Tailed Hawk 1_13 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

5 Sparrow (Song I think)
Song Sparrow 1_13 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr
 
Looks plenty sharp to me! And congrats on the article, I read it earlier after seeing the link on your FB page. I'm struggling through getting my 2nd copy of the tamron dialed in with focus adjustments now, just can't seem to get it really sharp. I know from your photos it's possible though
 
Nice shots. I enjoyed the article as well! It seems we have 2 things in common ;). Taking good bird pictures is not one of them :)
 
Nice set and cool article. Hope they paid you for using your pictures.
 
Nice birds Coastal. I wanted to pick my favorite but I like them all. The sparrow is my least favorite, however.
 
Nice shots, as always. Congrats on the article! :smile:
 
like your photos, the Harrier on the hunt and Barred Owl are really expressive
 
Kris, great images, I like the 3rd and 5th ones best of the bunch. Congratulations also on the article. That is a good way to get recognized for all your great images.

WesternGuy
 
Thanks for all the kind words!

Nice set and cool article. Hope they paid you for using your pictures.

I was compensated :)

That good. I've been ask by websites and calender companies for pictures that want to offer me free advertising and free products. Newspapers are the worst. I tell them all thanks but no thanks that wouldn't pay for my gear. I told one entertainment company they could come put on a free benefit show, funny never heard back from them.
 
Congrats Kris.........you rightly deserve all accolades through your passion for bif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom