A few from today

cpeay

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a slow day at work so I stopped to take a couple of pictures.
_MG_6421-2.jpg

_MG_6413-2.jpg

First impressions:

#1. I really like this one - composition - leading lines, etc. Irrigation country in winter, with a nice fade into the foothills and mountains.

#2. Not sure what the subject is here - church, cross?? Image is nice and sharp, but is still just a snapshot.

I am curious about your B&W conversions as I am very interested in this type of work as well. How did you do them and did you do any processing before and/or after the conversion?

Cheers,

WesternGuy

I like your photos - especially the first one. I think perhaps the second one is too tightly cropped. I like the b/w conversion. Good job :thumbup:

#1: on the ground, is it snow? if it is, i think it is under-exposure. It would be better if white.

#2: nice shot. Very sharp.

#2 is basically a good composition, but the cross should not be right at the frame edge. Either crop in some more on both sides and the top to emphasize the cross, shadow and steps, which are the key elements, or leave more room on both sides. It also appears to be lacking anything close to white. Even if there are a few tiny spots which are close to white, the highlights in general need a boost (boost curve at about 200?).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back