What's new

A few more from Yosemite

jensgt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
242
Reaction score
16
Location
Bowie, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yosemite Tunnel View


7162028763_f90f59caf3_c.jpg



Half Dome from Sentinel Bridge


7162130449_b3a12412e0_z.jpg



Glacier Point at Sunset


7162180669_418630e40a_c.jpg
 
Great shots, I love the las one. Thanks for sharing.
______________
WesternGuy
 
Can't Fault it, Great job.
Reminded me of Ansel Adam's photo there of the mountain.
Keep up the good work!
 
Nice shots. Can't wait to see these by myself next week.

Last image is amazing. Like the light. Did you drive back to the camp after dark? I was thinking about take some sunset/sunrise shots, worry about the driving condition after dark.
 
isn't the walk up to get that 'tunnel' view fun? :D
 
lol, you have to park down at the bottom, it's a hefty walk up to get this view but only a small part of the walk to the bridge to see the falls and if you are really really strong you can keep going up ... but I've only made it as far as the bridge. Well worth the attempt, be sure you go!
 
How about the driving condition between camp and Glacier Point after dark?
 
I have to say your sunset from Glacier point is very nice. I'm always too lazy to get up early enough and too chicken to wait for the sunset. The drive in the dark would take forever :D
 
I did not do any hiking on this trip unless you count a mile as a hike ...thats about the longest I ever walked. You can park right at tunnel view...if you are going from the park it will be right before the tunnel...if you are coming from Oakhurst/anywhere south of the park tunnel view is as soon as you come out of the tunnel. At Glacier Point is a big parking lot and just a little walk up to the vista point. Its not bad you will be ok. You CAN hike to any of these places but I have bad knee issues so we did everything we could in the car.

Driving at night...its not that bad. Honestly it may even be less scary than daytime if the steepness of the road and the whole "don't look down" when you are driving on roads with hardly any shoulder bothers you. I drove from Glacier Point all the way to Oakhurst and by the time I got back I was totally exhausted but it was not terrible. Keep your brights on but make sure to look for cars headed your way, there won't be many at night...but you don't want to blind anybody. If you stay up there until the sunsets...wait and shoot for about a half hour after the sun initially goes over the horizon...then get in your car and head out...you will be able to get a little ways before it gets very dark.

Headed back into the park its not a really long drive...you should be fine...lots of people go around taking pictures in Yosemite in the middle of the night, shooting star trails and whatnot...just make sure not to leave food and stuff in your car because the bears are active at night looking for snacks left behind...and they will mess your car up!
 
the first image you shot from the tunnel? I have an almost identical shot taken from part way up the mist trail...


Valley view II by Trever1t, on Flickr

which is a heck of a hike to the bridge.
 
Yeah its from tunnel view parking lot...its cropped so it appears to be closer.
 
I've stopped there like 100 times and didn't realize you could get such a great view of the valley floor. I hiked hours to get my shot...well it felt like hours :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom