A few of my first photos.

BigRC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.capturedandframed.com
Just thought I'd share a few of my first pics with everyone. Let me know what ya think! :)

purple2.jpg

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

closeup.jpg

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

ball.jpg

bri.jpg

metal.jpg

MuffinJuice said:
nice shots! i disliked the first the most, but aside from those i loved the shots. what was the first?

Thanks! :)

The first one is some plant out in my mothers yard, not sure what kind. Thanks for the kind words. Happy new year!

cowbert098 said:
Great photos I really like the second one, I don't know why I just do.

Thank you. Actually the second is my favorite too. To me it feels soft and relaxing, and at the same time, like it's reaching out for you.

hey there thanks for sharing your pics :) Awesome first post mate!

I like number 2 the best as well, its simple and beautiful. Well done, well done, well done!

One thing I was thinking (and there are several here who will disagree with me) is to convert the the images to black and white. I think shots 2 and 5 would go really well in black in white because of the simplicity.

number 1: I think thise would do alot better if it has a simpler background
the plant has an interesting shape and colour, but the background distracts me.

number 3: Nice use of colour here mate! The only thing its hard to figure out where the focus of the shot is here. Maybe try the red plant behind the white one? I dig the creamy white plant with the red plant though!

Number 4 intrigues with possibility. Its a little complex and busy but I like the idea. Maybe simplify the picture and remove the weeds leaves manually and just try the chopped stalks by themselves with the bare earth. I dunno. Just a suggestion.

number 6: this gets lost on me a little bit, its a little bit busy. I think I know what idea you were trying to get. Actually try to stand right beneath and shoot straight up like you did in shot 5 five. But the tree may be a bit too dense for that as well...

number 7: Good composition, nice lighting, I like the splash of yellow on the corner. Makes wonder what it is- A puffball, a golf ball? A decomposing nerf ball?

number 8: cute shot :)

number 9: I like this one too. You seem to have an eye for things that most people would miss (like 4, and perhaps 7). I am sure I would walk past this nail and never notice, but you make it interesting. It has some depth of field (nail is sharp the foreground is blurred as is parts of the background). The only the is the shadow of the nail hides a bit of the compostion. Maybe try a different angle?

anyways, cools shots! I definately hope you have more you can share with us!

Cheers!

Hi there!
There's some nice stuff there, quite interesting and original.
I'd have liked more detail in the first one, too much in shadow and likewise the last one which would have been my favorite but for that.
Gotta agree with most others in that the 2nd one is my favorite.

mrsid99 said:
Hi there!
There's some nice stuff there, quite interesting and original.
I'd have liked more detail in the first one, too much in shadow and likewise the last one which would have been my favorite but for that.
Gotta agree with most others in that the 2nd one is my favorite.

Thanks... yea, I agree with the shadows. I'm thinking of buying the new photoshop which i hear has a new adjustment for things like this. I took these pics the day I got my camera and I hadn't read the manual or anything, so some of the photos weren't on the correct setting on my camera. I think now that I know how to do outside shots better, I'm going to go retake that last one because it's one of my favorites too.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my pictures. I really appreciate it. Happy new year!

vonnagy said:
hey there thanks for sharing your pics :) Awesome first post mate!

I like number 2 the best as well, its simple and beautiful. Well done, well done, well done!

One thing I was thinking (and there are several here who will disagree with me) is to convert the the images to black and white. I think shots 2 and 5 would go really well in black in white because of the simplicity.

number 1: I think thise would do alot better if it has a simpler background
the plant has an interesting shape and colour, but the background distracts me.

number 3: Nice use of colour here mate! The only thing its hard to figure out where the focus of the shot is here. Maybe try the red plant behind the white one? I dig the creamy white plant with the red plant though!

Number 4 intrigues with possibility. Its a little complex and busy but I like the idea. Maybe simplify the picture and remove the weeds leaves manually and just try the chopped stalks by themselves with the bare earth. I dunno. Just a suggestion.

number 6: this gets lost on me a little bit, its a little bit busy. I think I know what idea you were trying to get. Actually try to stand right beneath and shoot straight up like you did in shot 5 five. But the tree may be a bit too dense for that as well...

number 7: Good composition, nice lighting, I like the splash of yellow on the corner. Makes wonder what it is- A puffball, a golf ball? A decomposing nerf ball?

number 8: cute shot :)

number 9: I like this one too. You seem to have an eye for things that most people would miss (like 4, and perhaps 7). I am sure I would walk past this nail and never notice, but you make it interesting. It has some depth of field (nail is sharp the foreground is blurred as is parts of the background). The only the is the shadow of the nail hides a bit of the compostion. Maybe try a different angle?

anyways, cools shots! I definately hope you have more you can share with us!

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the honest and detailed description for every picture. I love that! :)

My dad has been a photographer for a long time, and I just realized that I've got the bug too. I would like to get my skills up to par with some of the more professional photographers. All comments are taken with great appreciation, since I don't know much about photography at all. :)

Most reactions

Back