A few of my first pics....

ferret_lovr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H3....Not the best photography camera but I'm saving for a Nikon SLR of some kind...it does most everything an SLR does just without interchangeable lenses.

Here are the pictures....I just wanted some feedback and maybe help with how to put the details of each pic in the post because I know people like the details but I don't exactly know what they are or where I can find them. I have always loved photography and now I'm finally trying to learn it on my own.
Here we go....

These are of my boyfriend...They're not posed or planned, I just took them....I was pretty proud of these ones but constructive criticism would be great!

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

This one is of a little place on our Christmas tree...I found out taking a good one of a whole tree is HARD...too far away and you get too much surroundings , too close and you get too little. But I thought this one was nice.

DSC00143.jpg

This one is of my dog. I want to do animal photography but I have more issues with animals than any so I'll need some practice. I used the fisheye affect on him but I don't know if that was a good idea.

DSC00157.jpg

Thats all for now. Contstructive criticism would be great! Maybe a little encouragement? lol

Thanks.

Last two are gone and WB is off on first two.
Keep trying, and it will all come together.

Gone as in they do not appear on my screen, it is probably an issue with flickr or photobucket.

WB is white balance, stuff that should appear white are yellowed. Like those taken under tungsten lights. If this was taken under houselights, it will be yellow if you don't go to WB in the menu and select tungsten, Auto WB isn't as good as other automatic stuff on P&S.

If you just stick around the forum, you will learn all this and more.

Here were your settings:
Tv: 1/8 sec
Av: 4.0
ISO: 800
No flash was used

1 - Very yellow (White Balance off) and way out of focus (OOF). You chopped off the top of his head. Did you use a tripod? You cannot hand hold with a shutter speed of 1/5th of a second.

2 – Again yellow. Better focus on the eyes which are the most important, but still not sharp. Need that tripod again at 1/8th sec.

3 - I think you should have focused on the bulb, not the bows??? And would have been better without the second bulb and branch showing. Again - tripod.

4 - Need to get rid of the alien eyes caused by the flash (would be red-eye with a human eye) either with a different lighting technique or with post processing. Needs to be sharper. You chopped off his ears - also his feet.

TF

Agreed, with all the above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back