A few oldies

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
Old ones from way back. Naff quality because I had to photograph them on a lightbox (not having a 10x8 film scanner). Colours are off for one thing. And the contrast has been upped. And they are covered in cr*p. Oh well...

Apologies to anyone who has already seen them.

i bet if you hadn't mentioned the colors being off no one would have noticed. ;)

I really am a fan of the tarot cards, and agree with the above posts that the colors aren't dramatically off and it's hard to notice...

Always great to see your photographs! I really like the colours, lighting and setup in the first one (even though that's probably the one where you say the colours are 'off'...so the original must be even better).

The martini ones totally fascinate me...love the shadows and reflections, the 'shapes' and shades in the liquid, the way the toothpick 'refracts'*, and the positioning of the black shapes on the sides. Especially the purple one, with all those subtle shades, and the way the 'zigzag' is mirrored in the toothpick shape. I take it these were adverts? What was being advertised in the martini shots?

(*I realize I'm probably saying that incorrectly)

I like how that bottle is standing straight on that 'slope'!!

I know the colours are off, trust me. And a lot of the subtleties of the originals have been lost.
The b/g of the bottom one should be white fading to neutral grey. I tried correcting but it just made the other colours go off.
One day I'll win the lottery and get a drum scanner...

I like how that bottle is standing straight on that 'slope'!!

You didn't notice the arrow? :mrgreen:
There's actually a whole heap of stuff going on with that bottle - relationships and whotnot. I used to try and make even the most boring pack shot interesting (to me, at any rate. Ed White once called me 'a photographer's photographer'. I felt suitably flattered).

the last one is most impressive to me, although here i seem to see the colours being off a bit and IQ has suffered, but the clarity of the composition with the broken symmetry is really nice for me :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back