A few Photos for critiqueing

cpolaris502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You guys might be seeing a few threads from me this week, or maybe a bunch of posts in this one. I'm trying to go for a week without my other forum (s10forum) so I will probably be on here more instead. Hopefully I can see some kind of improvement over the week. :)

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

I like the lighting in #1 but something seems unnatural there. Maybe too much saturation or something along those lines. Just seems way too orange where the light hits the leaves. The rogers tower doesn't help the subject IMO on #2, nice sky though. I think that #3 would be better without the houses in the background. Try something like #3 again with a better background. :thumbup:

Thank you, I can see what you're saying in each of them.

I tried 3 out with a different background (literally JUST learning photoshop so bare with me). I had trouble getting the top edge of the grass to be a nice soft line, rather than the hard edge from cutting it out. And this may not have been the best sky to choose for this picture but its my first time trying it.
blazernewsky.jpg

#1: It does look a bit unnatural, but that only makes it a bigger HDR candidate in that respect? My eyes are having trouble figuring out where to focus, so not crazy about the perspective on the fallen log. But it is probably my eyes being tired as to some of that.

#4: I like this shot, with the darker clouds in the sky and what looks like a greater range of colour versus the one with the lighter sky and bland looking house(s) on the periphery.

i like the last picture. Your truck is pretty bad ass also. All looks good.

all nice shots. High five to whoever cuts the grass!

1. I generally like it but think it may have been better if you stood a bit to the right
2. Not a fan of the water tower
3. Lose the houses

I'm surprised the water tower is not good for that picture. I liked it, I think it would be too boring with only the truck. or would something else besides a water tower be good for a picture like that?

Centered, is rarely best, try to use the "Rule of thirds" and place the car in one cross-section of a tic-tac-toe board

Make sure your horizontal lines are even

Make sure the wheels are facing the camera to make the photo a little more interesting

Here's a quote from a photography friend, "The background is not just noise – While the car is going to be the subject of your photo, that doesn’t mean that the background doesn’t matter. Even with proper composition, a good background can substantially help or wreck a photo. Industrial backgrounds are very overused, but it’s understandable to use if you’re in a pinch. Ideally, you want a background that helps add to the theme of a photo or just plain looks good overall. A driveway photo shoot isn’t all that great either unless the driveway is filled with a bunch more nice cars. Just be careful not to choose a background that blends in too much with your car, because then your subject won’t stand out."

Make sure nothing is "popping" out of the car

Sick Jimmy! S10forum is also my other addiction. :lol:
Love pic #4. The colors in it work well with eachother.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back